British Speedway Forum
TigerAl

Sheffield Vs Birmingham Championship 05/05/2019

How has Paco gone from being our best rider  to our worst in just 2 meetings ? strange one that?

Don’t know but at least he’s an asset, worth bugger all, but never the less an asset, Nice to see Danny win heat 2, just shows how clueless Rogers is

• Like 2

I cant workout why he didn't use a T/S in heat 9 and left Paco in ???

Another 'woeful/inept' display by all !

Well done Danyon !

Edited by GiveusaB

I can hear the post match report now “some of the riders did well, not the result we wanted but the team  spirit is second to none even on the Track walk,Which really means the Team Spirit is good but we’ve got a rubbish team.

• Like 1

Zaine Kennedy proving to be a real find for Sheffield, only a handful of meetings done at owlerton but he is only going to get better and better. Quality rider.

Im sorry that i have to say this, but the warning signs are out for the Brummies already even this early in the season, History shows that Brummies fans have never supported a losing team, and this present Team are going to need strong shoulders, because they will be holding the rest of the League up for sure, they either need some more investors or need to unearth a talent that no-one is aware of..

Edited by greyhoundp
  • Like 1

Any news on Drew?

Birmingham surprised me for the first half of the meeting by keeping up with us, but the second half was a different story and having heat leaders made the difference for the Tigers.

Made me chuckle when the announcer before heat 13 said something about the battle of the big guns and I overheard a Brummie supporter complaining because they didn’t have any!!

17 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

I cant workout why he didn't use a T/S in heat 9 and left Paco in ???

Another 'woeful/inept' display by all !

Well done Danyon !

7 out of 7 loses and only remotely close to getting anything in just one of them meetings. I get the impression that most Brummies fans must be public servants because the word culpability or responsibility seem to be taboo words .

Personally i think we need a manager with a winning mentality to squeeze a few extra points out of a team that will struggle to compete.

In terms of making team changes well only Zach would be safe . Every rider has been so inconsistent that it would be struggle to decide who gets the chop.

I would probably see who we could get in first and take it from there . our averages will be so low soon we can probably make any changes we like .

That’s the trouble with the sport these days ,the more successful you are the more money you lose.Catch22.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, OdsalBoy said:

Zaine Kennedy proving to be a real find for Sheffield, only a handful of meetings done at owlerton but he is only going to get better and better. Quality 

With him never having seen a lot of away tracks, there's going to be some disparity between his home and away scoring this season, mind.  But he's certainly enjoyable to watch around Owlerton, that's for sure.

Re Drew, he's riding today for Kent, so he must be alright to some degree. 

On 5/6/2019 at 11:40 AM, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

7 out of 7 loses and only remotely close to getting anything in just one of them meetings. I get the impression that most Brummies fans must be public servants because the word culpability or responsibility seem to be taboo words .

Personally i think we need a manager with a winning mentality to squeeze a few extra points out of a team that will struggle to compete.

In terms of making team changes well only Zach would be safe . Every rider has been so inconsistent that it would be struggle to decide who gets the chop.

I would probably see who we could get in first and take it from there . our averages will be so low soon we can probably make any changes we like .

seven  losses out of seven , sometimes I wish  speedway was like football ;)

Edited by adonis

Could someone who was at this meeting confirm from their programme the result of heat 14 please?

Edited by June01

1- Ashley Morris

2- James Shanes

3 - Zaine Kennedy (Reserve replacement for Drew Kemp)

4 - Danyon Hume

1-5, time 62.9

• Like 1

10 hours ago, June01 said:

Could someone who was at this meeting confirm from their programme the result of heat 14 please?

1 hour ago, Heathcote said:

1- Ashley Morris

2- James Shanes

4 - Danyon Hume

1-5, time 62.9

Heathcote - who was obviously at the meeting (I wasn't!) gives you what was apparently announced at the meeting and Updates also gives this as the result.

However the official referees scorecard published on the British Speedway official website gives it as Hume in 3rd and Kennedy 4th so I presume this will be the version that goes down in 'Speedway History' and will be reflected in Kennedy's CMA (won't affect Hume as he was Guesting).

Personally I'd go with Heathcote.

1 hour ago, Heathcote said:

1- Ashley Morris

2- James Shanes

4 - Danyon Hume

1-5, time 62.9

Video evidence confirms this.

• Like 1