British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Swindon. V Peterborough. 06/05/19.

10 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

If Lambert and Proctor had rode to their averages Lynn would of won at Ipswich 

Yes, agreed ....

2 hours ago, Jonny the spud said:

You mean lay downs that have been around for nigh on 30 years ? 

If going back to uprights make the bikes better to race rather than the flat out laydowns, it must be done?

11 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

If Lambert and Proctor had rode to their averages Lynn would of won at Ipswich 

If Harris and KP rode to their averages Ipswich would have won by more

Its all ifs buts and maybes

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I see adam has joined  birmingham

Excellent signing for Brum. Could save their season

Somebody plz shoot down that drone awful to watch from the sky, not a good advert for the sport delays gardening more delays a poor decision by the ref to award a race all in all a poor first meeting for " bt".

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Somebody plz shoot down that drone awful to watch from the sky, not a good advert for the sport delays gardening more delays a poor decision by the ref to award a race all in all a poor first meeting for " bt".

Very poor decision by the referee .strange that rosco thought it was right .just think if it went against rosco he would have lost his rag 

• Like 2

I quite like the drone in short bursts but not for too long and not out of the start, certainly thought it added to the coverage though and could be really good with a bit of fine tuning. 

Was thinking of coming down Thursday ,I've not watched last night's meeting but doesn't sound good although comments about the first two meetings was positive . Regarding lay downs when they where brought in were uprights banned or did riders have the choice. 

8 hours ago, bruno said:

Was thinking of coming down Thursday ,I've not watched last night's meeting but doesn't sound good although comments about the first two meetings was positive . Regarding lay downs when they where brought in were uprights banned or did riders have the choice. 

Riders always had the choice. So I guess they stopped being made after a while. 

Edited by stevebrum
Spelling

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Very poor decision by the referee .strange that rosco thought it was right .just think if it went against rosco he would have lost his rag 

It wasn’t just a poor decision it was diabolical and quite rightly the BT panel condemned it unanimously, Rosco of course as usual saw it to his advantage so didn’t find anything wrong with it but from a racing point it of view it was ridiculous.

It really is about time that the TV matches are refereed by the best referees, what made it worse was I thought I saw Tony Steele in the pits who I assumed was the second SCB official, if it was he should have been on the button.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It wasn’t just a poor decision it was diabolical and quite rightly the BT panel condemned it unanimously, Rosco of course as usual saw it to his advantage so didn’t find anything wrong with it but from a racing point it of view it was ridiculous.

It really is about time that the TV matches are refereed by the best referees, what made it worse was I thought I saw Tony Steele in the pits who I assumed was the second SCB official, if it was he should have been on the button.

Me and my wife watching on tv was amazed at rosco comment what a prat he is sometimes

• Like 2

Just caught up with the meeting as spent most of yesterday in anand e after breaking my collarbone :(

Think last night’s result has shown Swindon to be not as strong as some think. Peterborough would have won that had Tungate been a pro and the ref rerun heat 5. Panthers threw quite a few points away.

Didn’t think it was a bad meeting. Just average and the track is better than the old one.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just caught up with the meeting as spent most of yesterday in anand e after breaking my collarbone :(

Think last night’s result has shown Swindon to be not as strong as some think. Peterborough would have won that had Tungate been a pro and the ref rerun heat 5. Panthers threw quite a few points away. 

Didn’t think it was a bad meeting. Just average and the track is better than the old one.

You could also say that if Ellis and Musielak had been more "pro" and not moved at the starts that Swindon might have picked up an extra 4 points and won by 10.

Possibly. But Tungate were mechanical gremlins which should have been avoided and Ellis and Musiliak were actual racing and part of the sport.

Swindons reserves are not really scoring, though the effort is there.

Does anyone have the times for this meeting? Sorry, this is becoming a bit of a theme. (Thanks Speedway Star)