British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Swindon. V Peterborough. 06/05/19.

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just caught up with the meeting as spent most of yesterday in anand e after breaking my collarbone :(

Think last night’s result has shown Swindon to be not as strong as some think. Peterborough would have won that had Tungate been a pro and the ref rerun heat 5. Panthers threw quite a few points away.

Didn’t think it was a bad meeting. Just average and the track is better than the old one.

Theres always if and buts

Was said that if Proctor and Lambert had ridden to their average then Lynn would have beaten Ipswich......well if Harris and KP had ridden to theirs then Ipswich would have won by a lot more

Heat 3 Tobi goes into the tapes and a likely 5-1 becomes a 3-3

Heat 4 Tungate packs up and a likely 4-2 to the Panthers becomes a 3-3

Heat 5 Swindon on a 5-1 and race awarded to early....if it was re-run would Hans have beaten either of the Robins unlikely as he led the first race and only got into second briefly as Tobi was carrying to much speed...my opinion result would have been the same.

Heat 13 Hans into the tapes and in my opinion wouldnt have scored in that race so scores the same

Heat 14 Ellis into the tapes and lets say that at worst he would have split the Panthers so a 5-1 to the Panthers would have been a 4-2

Would have made the final score 48-42....and the points the same

It is all about opinion but in the end the points thrown away by both sides balanced out.

What let Swindon down was Batch and Tobi only getting 13 between them.... they normally value for around 20.

Well done to Peterborough though taking advantage of a coupe of riders having off nights

If Doyles replacement can be a good as Brady was then i cant see anyone beating this Swindon side at home once they fully dialled in....they do need one good reserve change and they will be the hot favourites for the league

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Possibly. But Tungate were mechanical gremlins which should have been avoided and Ellis and Musiliak were actual racing and part of the sport.

Swindons reserves are not really scoring, though the effort is there.

Mechanical gremlins are part of the sport.....Bellego had the misfortune in one heat to have the same and he was flying and could have beaten Palm Toft and stopped Lynn getting a point.

Swindon need a reserve change that much is clear.

Doyle likely to be back in the next couple of weeks.... Ellis as a second string at home will be scoring well and Lampart chipping in with 6 will work most weeks.......Its harsh but if Swindon make a reserve change they will win the league in my view

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Mechanical gremlins are part of the sport.....Bellego had the misfortune in one heat to have the same and he was flying and could have beaten Palm Toft and stopped Lynn getting a point.

Swindon need a reserve change that much is clear.

Doyle likely to be back in the next couple of weeks.... Ellis as a second string at home will be scoring well and Lampart chipping in with 6 will work most weeks.......Its harsh but if Swindon make a reserve change they will win the league in my view

I don't really see how Swindon can make a reserve change. What are the options? With a 3 points minimum, we can't go for a stronger reserve and a 2 pointer. Whoever we have will, virtue of our top 4, be weak compared to other reserves in the league.

Taking this into account, I think Zach and James are doing as well as anyone else could be expected to be. At least they are in the thick of it and no being outclassed, so points will come here and there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I don't really see how Swindon can make a reserve change. What are the options? With a 3 points minimum, we can't go for a stronger reserve and a 2 pointer. Whoever we have will, virtue of our top 4, be weak compared to other reserves in the league.

Taking this into account, I think Zach and James are doing as well as anyone else could be expected to be. At least they are in the thick of it and no being outclassed, so points will come here and there.

I know there isnt much options but so far the reserves have got 3,2,3,2,6,4 (and 5 from Berge)

They need at home to be getting 8 or 9

39 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just caught up with the meeting as spent most of yesterday in anand e after breaking my collarbone :(

Think last night’s result has shown Swindon to be not as strong as some think. Peterborough would have won that had Tungate been a pro and the ref rerun heat 5. Panthers threw quite a few points away.

Didn’t think it was a bad meeting. Just average and the track is better than the old one.

Get well soon!

30 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I believe the reserves have rode better than the points suggest often  on the pace and not far away.This Thursday will tell us quite a bit as i believe Andersen of King's Lynn is the weakest other reserve in the league and our boys need to be beating him.As you say who comes in ? and even If the rules allowed a Brennan type to ride we all know  it will never happen i will continue to support Zach and James.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Unless you are blind Swindon threw  quite a few points away at the starts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Possibly. But Tungate were mechanical gremlins which should have been avoided and Ellis and Musiliak were actual racing and part of the sport.

Swindons reserves are not really scoring, though the effort is there.

Thought Shanes was more on the pace last night. Certainly looked more likely to score than he has done in previous meetings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandking072 said:

Does anyone have the times for this meeting? Sorry, this is becoming a bit of a theme. (Thanks Speedway Star)

62.36 63.59 62.15 62.39 awarded 61.42 TR 61.49 awarded 62.08 62.33 63.21 63.24 62.39 63.93 62.71

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

I know there isnt much options but so far the reserves have got 3,2,3,2,6,4 (and 5 from Berge)

There would be uproar if they dropped Shanes through lack of form - a bit like when Poole dropped him mid season.  Remember what you said then Gav?!:rolleyes:

Interesting to see yesterday that both Poole and Swindon's number one riders are both called Brady Kurtz...

I wonder if there are any other examples of riders with the same name riding for two different teams...

Quite amazing coincidence...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hope the collarbone isn’t too painful Steve.

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

With the reserves in other teams I can only see our reserves getting 9 points combined very rarely if at all.

7 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Hope the collarbone isn’t too painful Steve.

Cheers. I was due to go on holiday to Italy on Sunday but it’s gone now. Gutted. And have 2 weeks booked 8-22 June in Annecy which is booked and paid for and now unlikely. Could have been worse. The guy I was flying with got a free helicopter ride with broken leg. We hit bad rotor near Lulworth Cove during a longish costal flight along Jurassic coast.

53 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Cheers. I was due to go on holiday to Italy on Sunday but it’s gone now. Gutted. And have 2 weeks booked 8-22 June in Annecy which is booked and paid for and now unlikely. Could have been worse. The guy I was flying with got a free helicopter ride with broken leg. We hit bad rotor near Lulworth Cove during a longish costal flight along Jurassic coast.

I've done mine before .It gets better pretty quick. A bit sore for a week or two' then eases off. As long as your June holiday isn't hang gliding, rock climbing etc, you may well be able to go and  enjoy it.:t: