British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Swindon. V Peterborough. 06/05/19.

I am  quite looking forward to this meeting on  Monday night and it should be a very competitive meeting.The new season at the Abbey has seen some good racing on the new circuit and it has certainly made me more enthusiastic about going everyweek.Peterborough are quite hard to weigh up and they have to be respected Andersen/ Tungate are key for them if they are going to keep it close.They have a really experienced duo at reserve and that could be vital but hopefully Zach has turned the corner for me the Robins to win by 10 pts or more.

Should be a comfortable home win...and 2 for 18 quid entry!

With the new averages the line ups will be:  (as a guess)

1. Doyle vs Anderson

2. Lampart vs Barker

3. Musielak vs L.Bjerre

4. Ellis vs Wright

5. Batchelor vs Tungate

6. Wajtknecht vs Wilson-Dean

7. Shanes vs Summers

Easy home win for me unless we outscore massively at 2,6 & 7.

Edited by Panther1997

Certainly makes the Panthers look like they now have the best reserve pairing in the league and should be good for plenty each. Wright will battle hard but the rest looks like a huge miss match. The reserve differences should stop it being a total riot but still Robins by 10+

Injuries are part and parcel of Speedway but that is gutting for Doyle, looks like a potential leg break. 

Will need a replacement brought in, don’t want guests every week. Zagar possibly, with room to improve the reserve berths?

7 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Doyle big crash in Torun

Very untidy and a little bit naughty from Zagar, lets hope its not as bad and the trip in the ambulance was only as a precaution.

My Polish is good enough to get by, not much more, seems that Doyle has suffered chest or rib injuries.

1 minute ago, screm said:

My Polish is good enough to get by, not much more, seems that Doyle has suffered chest or rib injuries.

Not surprised. He hit the bikes rather than the fence.

I hope it is not serious and he is OK to ride tomorrow. I haven’t seen the incident as I am out but we don’t want one of the very few world class riders who ride in the UK getting injured and missing.

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I hope it is not serious and he is OK to ride tomorrow. I haven’t seen the incident as I am out but we don’t want one of the very few world class riders who ride in the UK getting injured and missing.

Zagar came from the inside gate and moved out, wiping out Doyle plus his own team mate in the process. Shocking from Zagar.

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No way will he be riding tomorrow

Very unfortunate. Speedy recovery.