British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Kings Lynn May 6th 2.15pm

18 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

48-42. 

:wink:

Good day for Barry,,,, let's keep it going.  A typical daytime meeting with the track drying very quick.  A win is a win. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

:wink:

Very glad you were right baggy :t:

2 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Very glad you were right baggy :t:

Reasonably content with a point after the first night mauling but there is room for improvement still, one or two riders have it in their locker as they have been much better in the recent past but one or two others may not be capable of better and might need replacing as the season progresses. Hopefully not as it always preferable to keep the same seven but play off qualification may depend on it. Still relatively early days but over the next few weeks improvement is a must from certain riders. 

50 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Three heat leaders scoring only 11 between them at home isn’t good enough 

If they had put Lawson as a heat leader they would have got a little more:wink:He is 2nd in your averages afterall:approve:

Possibly a perfect result for Buster all round?

An attendance of around 4000 with a home win to keep more of them coming back and the Stars still getting a point.....

• Like 3

Harris needs to swallow his pride and take a break to get his hand stronger, letting us down at the moment.

everyone did well enough, well done bellego much more confident performance on a different engine.

king looked considerably quicker on Heeps bike practising briefly after the meeting - his practise start on back straight seemed to drive a lot better than those during the meeting on his own bike. Hopefully can get his gear going better sooner rather than later! 

Heeps shouldn’t of been excluded in reserve race imo - he’d passed Andersen who then turned onto him causing his own fall

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

An attendance of around 4000 with a home win to keep more of them coming back and the Stars still getting a point.....

Our engine room still isn't firing, With Lewis, Ty and TJ grabbing 10 between them.It looked like Lambo struggled a bit going by his score.. Good job Erik had a good one. Still its a point can't be sniffed at.

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Our engine room still isn't firing, With Lewis, Ty and TJ grabbing 10 between them.It looked like Lambo struggled a bit going by his score.. Good job Erik had a good one. Still its a point can't be sniffed at.

Lambert was poor. Didn’t seem interested when missing the gate.

Kerr also was very poor in my opinion 

Ty did average and Jorgensen was always in the mix 

Riss was sublime to watch seems to love Foxhall

MPT was good value and I thought Andersen was on the pace as well.

Good point for the Stars 

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Lambert was poor. Didn’t seem interested when missing the gate.

Kerr also was very poor in my opinion 

Ty did average and Jorgensen was always in the mix 

Riss was sublime to watch seems to love Foxhall

MPT was good value and I thought Andersen was on the pace as well.

Good point for the Stars 

I'd say Ty's 3 from 4 rides wasn't average ;)  Well may be this season, but he's Lynn 2nd highest ave rider. Bit of a worry along with Lewis for me. 

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Lambert needs to sack his engine tuner before it's to late. He's not anywhere near the level of last season at all. His last two scores in Poland have been nothing short of embarrassing.

We've got the SON coming up and he's got his first GP on foreign soil coming up too. He's going to look worse than Harris and Cook

2 hours ago, Icicle said:

Is Harris really that unfit or is it (as I suspected last  season) that he is a "fading glory"....

Whether riding around in 3rd or at the back the pain from his wrist would be the same.  He's declared himself fit so I think people are making excuses for him - once the gloves go on and the race starts pain can be ridden through.  He's just riding like he did last year for Glasgow. Was always going to be inconsistent and he will do better again at some point.

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Certainly a great business decision to run all the tracks so close geographically..

Especially in a League of just seven...

As it means at least two of them will, you would think, be there or there abouts for the play off places, even if all his teams are in fifth, sixth and seventh all season..

Which should maintain interest in the 'local derbies'..

And with the Aces as one of the seven teams, it looks like it could well be fourth, fifth and sixth...!.:D

Edited by mikebv

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Harris needs to swallow his pride and take a break to get his hand stronger, letting us down at the moment.

everyone did well enough, well done bellego much more confident performance on a different engine.

king looked considerably quicker on Heeps bike practising briefly after the meeting - his practise start on back straight seemed to drive a lot better than those during the meeting on his own bike. Hopefully can get his gear going better sooner rather than later! 

Heeps shouldn’t of been excluded in reserve race imo - he’d passed Andersen who then turned onto him causing his own fall

I stand between the start and first bend and I thought Cam ran in to quick and he did touch Andersen so in my opinion it was the right decision as much as it pains me to say 

Good point for Stars . I didn't expect to come away with anything . Onwards and upwards