British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich v Kings Lynn May 6th 2.15pm

1 hour ago, Trees said:

They didn't maintain it during the meeting but that's the norm for Ipswich isn't it? Just let the dirt go out wide and a blue groove develop in the inside ....

Yes it is often left to be an in/out track but only ever a blue groove on afternoon meetings

Also a high clay content so often when it looks slick it isnt quite so as it looks....

• Like 1

So you think having a good track to race on is all about having lots of material on the track? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Track looked in great shape to me pre-meeting

Warriors sees that as a slick, bald pre used track :rofl:

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

55770F95-D1FC-4D08-91B7-8CB543E32552.thumb.jpeg.068fcd29d0eca75d2a0dd9c3908f4837.jpeg

I did say on here yesterday Taps when I first entered the stadium, I posted that the track looked overly watered, heavy and grippy and I thought it would catch a few riders out early doors. 

Slick with no dirt, was certainly not what entered my mind whatsoever  :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Track looked in great shape to me pre-meeting

Yeah it did, why didn't they keep it that way, hardly any work done on it during the meeting, they have the equipment ....

13 minutes ago, Trees said:

Yeah it did, why didn't they keep it that way, hardly any work done on it during the meeting, they have the equipment ....

Almost impossible during an afternoon meeting being run at pace

1 hour ago, Warriors said:

There's that excuse again afternoon meeting what bull,:rofl:

All opinions - I think yours is misguided

Im sure that wont bother you just as yours doesnt me :)

• Like 1

There was some competitive action & I thought the track was fine.  There were no clouds of dust and I know that when a blue line appears, that part of the track is really grippy, giving both a quick inside and outside line.  Water it and it becomes like ice. 

Masses of dirt does not necessarily make the racing any better - the last few times I've been to Lynn it's been follow the leader nearly every race.

Stars need to concentrate on getting more out of Lambert and Proctor, Witches need Harris to climb out of his rut.

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

There was some competitive action & I thought the track was fine.  There were no clouds of dust and I know that when a blue line appears, that part of the track is really grippy, giving both a quick inside and outside line.  Water it and it becomes like ice. 

Masses of dirt does not necessarily make the racing any better - the last few times I've been to Lynn it's been follow the leader nearly every race.

Stars need to concentrate on getting more out of Lambert and Proctor, Witches need Harris to climb out of his rut.

Yes once that blue groove appears that's where you need to be as a rider.Get your back wheel on that and that is the quickest way around the track.It's putting rubber on rubber pretty much,plenty of grip.That doesn't mean better racing though.

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

I’ve been delighted with the standard of racing this season it’s been fantastic. Monday wasn’t as good and I wasn’t expecting it to be, day meetings are very rarely as entertaining. 

But, like you, I thought the racing was pretty decent and I’ve seen far worse. Whilst not loads over overtaking, there was plenty of good close battles with Bellego particularly getting stuck in. 

• Like 1