British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sings4Speedway

IOW vs Plymouth NT 02/05/2019

All signs look good for another Island victory tonight as despite a few riders familiar with the Island i think the strength overall rests with the Warriors especially with RR for Richard Andrews (Malc Vasey take note how the Gladiators place their riders). Nathan Stoneman looks the major danger man for the visitors but with mixed backup. Certainly interesting to see how Bursill vs King ends up and who has the first retirement of the night Widman or Shappard?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

All signs look good for another Island victory tonight as despite a few riders familiar with the Island i think the strength overall rests with the Warriors especially with RR for Richard Andrews (Malc Vasey take note how the Gladiators place their riders). Nathan Stoneman looks the major danger man for the visitors but with mixed backup. Certainly interesting to see how Bursill vs King ends up and who has the first retirement of the night Widman or Shappard?

I hope no-one turns up on the 20th :rofl:

Seriously though it should be a good match up as Plymouth have gone very well at Smallbrook in recent years and track several former Warriors. But Wood & Morley will have the edge over the Wilson, Stoneman & Campos but it looks tight elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I hope no-one turns up on the 20th :rofl:

Seriously though it should be a good match up as Plymouth have gone very well at Smallbrook in recent years and track several former Warriors. But Wood & Morley will have the edge over the Wilson, Stoneman & Campos but it looks tight elsewhere. 

Blast someone spotted it before i fixed it. 

Cannot see Campos, Extance and the reserves getting what Andrews would have. I hope Wilson rolls back the years and really mixes it with the IOW heat leaders but should be another Warriors confidence booster.

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Blast someone spotted it before i fixed it. 

Cannot see Campos, Extance and the reserves getting what Andrews would have. I hope Wilson rolls back the years and really mixes it with the IOW heat leaders but should be another Warriors confidence booster.

I think Campos is going to surprise you. 

• Like 1

Home win by 6pts

Saw the IOW at Mildenhall on Sunday...Great strength in Wood and Morley.very impressed with the battling efforts of the reserves,they should make strides this season...Same can not be said of the second strings who have made little or no improvement dispite,, several seasons of trying.Widman particularly trailing round at the back half the track behind,,for how much longer I wonder??..Hopefully I will be proved wrong by their performances at home to Plymouth

Edited by waco

What is up with Wood and Morley ?? ..not looking good going into heat 15',,,,no real info on the updates

9 hours ago, lewy said:

Well all you experts got that wrong :party:

Nice one lewy remember we are the worst team in the league some people said for a team what’s supposedly not very good ,a home win against Kent ,and away win minus Richie Andrews against a team with Morley and wood in it can’t be bad can it please all you experts keep writing us off as we seem to be doing rather well at the moment when you do.

• Like 1

Fair play Gladiators i definitely got that wrong. Campos still has it, a delight to see Wilson rolling back the years with a fine display and expected Stoneman to go very well but still not that well. IOW had the power scoring reserves running out 12-4 winners and Danno Verge getting over his ave and still lose. Morley can have an off night but not many with the way the team is built whilst a night on for Widman would be a plus.

Finally best wishes to Jamie Bursill hope it was a precaution and nothing serious.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, sandking072 said:

Does anyone have the times for this meeting? Thanks in advance.

70.6.  75.0.  74.1.  72.3.  73.3.  70.9.  74.2.  75.3.  74.3.  73.0.  72.5.  76.4.  73.3.  75.0.  72.9.  

• Thanks 1

What’s happened to Chris Widman. That’s another poor home meeting. Not matching a 3 point average. He’s been slipping over the last couple of seasons. For the good of the team they need to be brave enough to show him the door even though he’s the promoters son.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

What’s happened to Chris Widman. That’s another poor home meeting. Not matching a 3 point average. He’s been slipping over the last couple of seasons. For the good of the team they need to be brave enough to show him the door even though he’s the promoters son.

Im sure the promotion are aware that they cant keep carrying Widman, question is, is there anyone who would improve the Team, someone who will improve, that is able to ride for the IOW bearing in mind the geographical location of the Team..

7 hours ago, Rob Dyer said:

70.6.  75.0.  74.1.  72.3.  73.3.  70.9.  74.2.  75.3.  74.3.  73.0.  72.5.  76.4.  73.3.  75.0.  72.9.  

Thank you very much, Sir.