Rob B

SoN Belle Vue

6 hours ago, acef said:

Will they go online or is it turn up at the stadium

Turn up at the stadium only now 

1 hour ago, mark.1 said:

Turn up at the stadium only now 

Magic thanks 

They have released some online for printing at home if anyone is still scrambling for tickets 

Standing only

Not sure how tonight will pan out. Rob is out of sorts and out of form whilst Craig has been coasting through the CL without so much as a challenge.

That the field is so poor outside of the top 3 and that we have tai will ensure we go through.

I hope the racing is better than the start of the season at the NSS because it's not been great and these types of fields with such gaping chasms never help the spectacle.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, acef said:

Not sure how tonight will pan out. Rob is out of sorts and out of form whilst Craig has been coasting through the CL without so much as a challenge.

That the field is so poor outside of the top 3 and that we have tai will ensure we go through.

I hope the racing is better than the start of the season at the NSS because it's not been great and these types of fields with such gaping chasms never help the spectacle.

are you a Smiths fan ?     Fav song ?   God I'm miserable now :D

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mark said:

are you a Smiths fan ?     Fav song ?   God I'm miserable now :D

I am as it happens. Heaven knows I'm miserable now is a beast of a tune.

As it goes I'm generally a positive person, unfortunately what I've said above is pretty accurate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acef said:

SoN was supposed to make it easier for "lesser ability " teams to take part in a significant way. Can't see that as more often than not (except in a few rare cases ) they are cannon fodder at worst or no-hopers at best. Bit pointless really these "qualifiers". 

And no, I am not a Smiths fan.

Edited by waytogo28
additional point made
  • Like 2

The SoN picked up when it got to the final stage last year, until then it was pretty boring, just like last week in Germany.  Tonight may well follow in last weeks footsteps.

Ans as for team riding, almost non existent. I know Doyly wont be riding tonight, but he thinks team riding is looking over your shoulder looking for your team mate as you cross the finishing line. 

Unless Togliatti sets the world on fire it will all be a damp squid, and the track doesnt seem like one thats going to produce classic quality racing. 

23 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

The SoN picked up when it got to the final stage last year, until then it was pretty boring, just like last week in Germany.  Tonight may well follow in last weeks footsteps.

Ans as for team riding, almost non existent. I know Doyly wont be riding tonight, but he thinks team riding is looking over your shoulder looking for your team mate as you cross the finishing line. 

Unless Togliatti sets the world on fire it will all be a damp squid, and the track doesnt seem like one thats going to produce classic quality racing. 

Togliatti is gate and go.

We will have a chance, Craig goes well around the place.

Tonight will be boring imo. While it’s a fair track there are huge gaps in terms of ability.

Latvia may have a say but the top 3 are clear as day.

There was overnight rain and track was ripped up this morning making track very grippy to start practise. It slickened off towards end so should be better for tonight. Just hope Phil Morris doesn’t interfere too much as let’s Andy Meredith get in with it when to water etc.

15 minutes ago, Rob B said:

There was overnight rain and track was ripped up this morning making track very grippy to start practise. It slickened off towards end so should be better for tonight. Just hope Phil Morris doesn’t interfere too much as let’s Andy Meredith get in with it when to water etc.

It’s been like that since the start of the season. It’s been very grippy which has made it a bit 1 line.

The weather hasn’t helped. 

The top lads tonight with strong motors will sail off into the sunset and passing will be at a premium 

45 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Unless Togliatti sets the world on fire it will all be a damp squid

If it is a squid it'll definitely be damp, since all squid live in water.

As long as it's not a damp squib, we'll be OK.:D

• Like 1

Just had a cloud burst at four o clock and its steady rain now up here in Yorkshire.  Dont worry cloud bursts dont last all day.

Very sunny in Manchester now - might end up being dusty track conditions unless they've heavily watered it.

They normally grade every 4 heats & water after 8 even though it rarely says so on the updates site. It normally keeps it in a raceable condition keeping dust non-existent.