British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rob B

SoN Belle Vue

1 minute ago, IronScorpion said:

Tai used this as a testing/set up meeting knowing top 3 qualified?

? who knows

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

Was impressed with him at Belle Vue few weeks ago and even better tonight. Unusual for a young American to do well on these big tracks.

He has said he prefers the bigger tracks, which for a young American, as you say , is unusual !

1 minute ago, Beowulf said:

He has said he prefers the bigger tracks, which for a young American, as you say , is unusual !

Riding in Poland last year helped a lot.

Wasn't a great meeting, racing wasn't much good until a couple of bits later on. The format just doesn't work, never will for me. GB qualified easily and we're stood watching France v America in which nobody cares who goes through.

Please bring back the World Cup. 

• Like 4

Format not great. Bring back the World Cup.

Racing was okay, but could have been so much better with a top class, even international field.

The final would be a blast here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

Apart from the run-off heats I've really enjoyed both meetings, bringing back the World Cup would just be handing it to Poland.

So what you're saying is.' Let's weaken the product so the best teams can't win.!! Well I'd have to say you're right, as was proved last year.

• Like 1

The two race off meetings were alays going to be poor with weak teams meeting classy teams.    The final will be different if we get a racing track not a trapper paradise.

So how were USA, France & Latvia separated on 16pts? Seeing as we weren’t told inside the stadium. 

Also why did France’s 2nd & 3rd in heat 22 beat USA when the Americans seemed to think they’d won and did a victory lap but the French went straight back to the pits?! I thought I read before the meeting that if it was a 3-3 then the team in 4th beat the team in 5th :blink:

It took a good 5 mins or so before they announced why Australia were ahead of Denmark! But at least we got an explanation. 

Ok, so having been home for 90 mins.. thoughts.

Two most entertaining riders of the night were Ļebedevs & Becker. Best solitary ride was Madsen, over coming the Aussies.

Best race, Becker v Cook.

Iversen looked unbeatable until the Madsen fall, did he change bike, setup or mindset? Imposed by Neilsen?

Lambert looked the quickest Brit, stupid mistake he needs to learn from, thankfully the Aussies weren't able to trouble Woffinden who until then had not looked fast or at his best.

50 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

So how were USA, France & Latvia separated on 16pts? Seeing as we weren’t told inside the stadium. 

Also why did France’s 2nd & 3rd in heat 22 beat USA when the Americans seemed to think they’d won and did a victory lap but the French went straight back to the pits?! I thought I read before the meeting that if it was a 3-3 then the team in 4th beat the team in 5th :blink:

It took a good 5 mins or so before they announced why Australia were ahead of Denmark! But at least we got an explanation. 

OK, I'll give it shot and try to explain....

Heat 7 France beat USA 5-1

Heat 13 France get a 3-3 with Latvia but France's 2nd and 3rd gives them a NON-COUNTING Bonus point for simply breaking ties at the end if the meeting.

Heat 17 USA beat Latvia 4-2

France therefore beats both and gets the Ranking for the meeting as 4th, USA with the win over Latvia gets 5th Ranking and Latvia 6th.

Ranking is important in Heats 22 and 23, Ranking breaks 3-3's.

Because of the 4th Ranking France only needed a 3-3 to go through whether they got a 1st and a 4th or a 2nd and 3rd USA had to get a 4-2 or a 5-1 to beat France.

Heat 23 France would have needed a 4-2 or a 5-1 as a 3-3 would have given the 3rd Ranked Danes the win.

I think I have that right....if I'm wrong I'm sure someone else will correct me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Islander15 said:

When more than 2 teams are tied on the same number of points, you go back and count bonus points.

So in the tie for 4th, 5th and 6th,  France had scored 3 bonus points (and therefore finished 4th).  USA had 2 bonus points (finishing 5th) and Latvia had just 1 bonus point (so 6th).

Correct.   In the event of a 3-3 in the Knockout heats, the team ranking highest progress.    It finished 3-3.  So the 4th placed team (France) progress over the 5th placed USA.   I guess the Americans did a lap of honour because their night was over.   France needed to get back to the pits for heat 23.

Where two teams tie, you look at the heat where they met.   If it was a 3-3, then the team in 2nd and 3rd are ranked highest.      Aus v Den was indeed a 3-3, but with Aus finishing 2nd and 3rd, they were placed higher.

• Like 3

Glad I went thought it was a decent meeting overall, obviously not a classic with the lesser teams only really being spoilers but some half decent racing. However, why have race offs for 3rd. Denmark finished 6 points clear end of story. Also they got a 3-3 against the Aussies but won the race that should have given them 2nd. Also, in heat 22 the French sat in 2nd and 3rd . Bonkers. If the winner of the heats team go thru that could have been a good race. Also if a rider touched the tapes in heats 22 and 23 that team is out but if the winning riders team go thru it could still be a decent race even with 3 riders

Looked some decent races on BT Sport.

Their camera work is abysmal at times though.

French boys very unlucky and Becker looks a mini Hancock in the making.

9 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Don't know who she is but on TV there was some high pitched voice shrieking after every race giving results- can't be Natalie Quirke as she was in TV studio??  

Glad a neutral brought the screeching from Haley up. Us poor home fans have to put up with the screaming banshee, every meeting. It adds nothing to the enjoyment of the racing.

• Like 3