British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hunters

Eastbourne v Leicester

4 hours ago, gazzac said:

It did come as a shock,  but as you say 45/44 is far more exciting than 60/30, just hope next time it goes the other way , I didn't realise until the posts on here what a bad loser I am, I'll try harder if it happens again :unsure:.

Think Sunday is good for the crowd,  but Saturday night is so much better for the track, normally even better racing.

I couldn't make it yesterday due to a clash with football, but as an Arlington regular, i can only recall 2 home defeats in competitive meetings in recent years. One against a Poole team loaded with guests and another v Kent a couple of seasons ago. I make that 2 in six years, so you can't complain!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I couldn't make it yesterday due to a clash with football, but as an Arlington regular, i can only recall 2 home defeats in competitive meetings in recent years. One against a Poole team loaded with guests and another v Kent a couple of seasons ago. I make that 2 in six years, so you can't complain!

I remember both and a few more before in the Elite, and the playoff final in 2002 still hurts. It wasn't a complaint, I'm just one of those supporters who just hate seeing them lose, hopefully be another few years before I see another. One thing I've learnt is not to post the same evening if we lose again. Be back for the Glasgow match having calmed down!:rolleyes:

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gazzac said:

I'd put Tom at 3, riding with Lewis will be good, and I think he'll come on in leaps and bounds every month, Ben also seems to have settled at 2. Hopefully help with Alfie's confidence as well. 

Good point about Ben...he can fly from tapes in ht 1. Tom with Kerr also would work.

I see Alfie scored 9 from 3 rides at Kent today. The lad really does need a NL club to build confidence. That shows what he can do . . .  a double down and a move to reserve could do wonders for Alfie.

Building a side with 4 reserves is always going to be tough on the 2 in the main body, probably why the rumour mill 2 wks ago had Wilson dean in the picture

It's funny really. I'm a homeless Bees fan trying to get used to supporting the old enemy, Leicester. Well Scott and Josh ease the pain a bit. But I'm listening to rider interviews (from both sides) saying how Beaumont Leys is a trick track and how hard it is to get "dialled in". I've been around since the 70's and Arena aside, Eastbourne has always been the fortress. You go there and if you come away less than 20 down you count yourself lucky.

So to go into heat 15 with a chance was an achievement. To have a rider who everyone KNOWS is over the hill pressing for the lead was beyond expectation. For sure, what happened to Richard Lawson was less than lucky. But he was under pressure and that played a hand. To leave with the points is reminiscent of championship years with the Bees. A good team? Yes. Lucky? Yes. Both? well maybe and if so it's priceless.

• Like 1

Like you say, any team that hits the 40 point mark at Eastie have done very well.