British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Elitserien Final Tues/Wed 24th /25th September

Lebedevs at reserve could be more than useful for Smederna tonight after last weeks performance.

Hello from the studio - weather looks iffy tonight but should hopefully clear up.

Start delayed 30 minutes at Eskilstuna due to rain.

• Like 1

Let's go racing.  Got to admire the Swedes for their ability to turn a track around in such a short time, all about the machinery being available I suppose.

And before anyone asks - I have booked a room for tonight and rebooked a flight for tomorrow.

• Like 1

Was a great meeting tonight. Perfect track. Which took some doing. They do a better job there i reckon. Both meetings were decided by 2 point margins. All to play for in the 2nd legs. Cannot wait. Hope there are no more delays though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave Goddard said:

And before anyone asks - I have booked a room for tonight and rebooked a flight for tomorrow.

Which thanks to Krister Gardell rushing the meeting through and a fast taxi driver, I didn't need!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, racers and royals said:

3333 in Eskilstuna

2896 in Vastervik

If only the Premier League ( UK speedway ) clubs were obliged to do the same. That would be very interesting and I don't mean just for the playoffs.

first of all credit to the track staff for providing an excellent race track after the rain shower that caused a delay to a meeting.

It will be hard now for Smederna with only a 2 point lead, but hopefully they remember that when they won the league back in  2017 they actually lost the first leg 41-49 against Vetlanda before going there and winning 54-36. I know that the team has different riders as there is no Matej Zagar, Leon Madsen or Michael Michelsen but Jesper Jensen, Lebedevs, Eklof and Aspgren (if he rides)  were in the team.  I would not be surprised to Pontus Aspgren in the team next week.

As I use to say when I played sport if you believe in yourself then anything is possible, so all is not lost yet.

Great commentary again last night, Dave.

Edited by Robbie B
  • Like 1

When are the 2nd legs being raced?

Is it Vetlanda vs Smederna & Lejonen Vs Dackarna?

Second legs are Dackarna v Vastervik and Vetlanda v Smederna, they take place next Tuesday and the former will be televised.

Tuesday`s SF`s 2nd leg line-ups

Vetlanda (44) v Eskilstuna Smederna(46)

VETLANDA

1 Wozniak

2 Kubera

3 Artem Laguta

4 Kurtz

5 Zmarzlik

6 Hjelmland

7 Palovaara

ESKILSTUNA SMEDERNA

1 MJJ