British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Elitserien Final Tues/Wed 24th /25th September

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Kept away from knowing the score to watch it "delayed live" and poor old Dave having to battle with the caption man to give us the correct  score :)

I think the graphics man had been at the Guinness!

7 hours ago, Dave Goddard said:

I think the graphics man had been at the Guinness!

Just a very small point Dave- Dackarna always keep a pile of dry shale which they spread on the track normally from the big truck with the spreader attachment.

We move on to week 2 - matches

Tuesday May 14th  Rospiggarna v Vastervik

Tuesday May 14th Smederna v Masarna

Tuesday May 14th Dackarna v Piraterna

Tuesday May 14th Indianerna v Lejonen

Thursday May 16th Vetlanda v lejonen

Once again Freesports is on Thursday covering that night`s Vetlanda v Lejonen match starting at 10.15pm

I will post teams on Sunday evening for the Tuesday matches and on Tuesday for the Thursday match.

• Like 1

Tuesday`s named teams- R/R likely for injured riders named.

Smederna v Masarna

SMEDERNA

1  F Lindgren

2 Aspgren

3 MJJ

4 Lebedevs

5 Prem Pawlicki

6 Woentin

7 Eklof

MASARNA

1 Lindback

2 Bellago

3 Smolinski

4 Loktaev

5  Nilsson

6 Fajfer

7 Tarasenko

Rospiggarna v Vastervik

ROSPIGGARNA

1 Lambert

2 E Riss

3 Fricke

4 Chugunov

5 Jonsson

6 Aarnio

7 Millberg

VASTERVIK

1 Pedersen

2 Kildemand

3 Ljung

4 J Holder

5 Buczkowski

6 A karlsson

7 Bech

Dackarna v Piraterna

DACKARNA

1 Janowski- R/R

2 F Jakobsen

3  Berntzon

4 Thorssell

5 Dudek

6 Kling

7 Czaja

PIRATERNA

1 Michelsen

2 Przedpelski

3 Sundstrom

4 Kaczmarek

5  NKI

6 D Davidsson

7 J Davidsson

Indianerna v Lejonen

INDIANERNA

1 Bjerre

2 C Holder

3 Protasiewcz

4 Thomsen

5 Woffinden

6 L Lindgren

7 Andersson

LEJONEN

1 Hampel

2 Tungate

3 Klindt

4 Woryna

5 Kasprzak

6 Tornblom

7 Tomas Jonasson(THJ)

Edited by racers and royals
  • Thanks 1

Thursday`s Match

VETLANDA

1 Wozniak

2 Zmarzlik

3 Kurtz

4 Kubera

5 Palovaara

6 Hjelmland

7 Batchelor

LEJONEN

1  Hampel

2 Tungate

3 Klindt

4 Woryna

5 Kasprzak

6 Tornbolm

7 THJ

Just watched Dackarna v Piraterna, the visitors very much a 2 man team- Michelsen and NKI. Pretty ordinary match delayed for about an hour after heat 8 when the ambulance was called away.

Attendance 2016

Just watched Rospiggarna v Vastervik and a really heavy home defeat for the Hallstavik team. Not sure dispensing with R/R for Doyle worked. Fricke was disappointing, Gleb Chugunov`s career seems to have really stalled. Vastervik were just too good on the night with Pedersen, Buczkowski and Jack Holder impressive. Every time i see the Vastervik rider Anton Karlsson i`m impressed and i do think he is a decent rider in the making.

Attendance 1650

How long can they go on running those Big Name lineups on crowds between 1 and 2,000 paying customers? 

9 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

How long can they go on running those Big Name lineups on crowds between 1 and 2,000 paying customers? 

3807 at Kumla !!! loads of sponsorship in Swedish speedway- teams are run by the local community- not one person !!! and the local businesses get behind the clubs in a big way.

Just watched Indianerna v Lejonen- a cracking match on the best racetrack in Sweden !. A subtle change to 2 of the teams this season is that Indianerna and Smederna are now primarily known as Kumla and Eskilstuna respectively. Woffinden was in a class of his own- so quick it was very nearly embarrassing ! Lejonen gave it everything but Kumla are a real decent team this season.

Attendance 3807

Yesterday`s last match watched Eskiltuna(Smederna) v Masarna and i have to take back everything i said about Masarna last week- a fantastic away win for the Avesta side- they probably gained from using R/R for Loktayev however  Kim Nilsson was superb backed up by Lindback and Tarasenko. It was a cracking match on the 2nd best racetrack in Sweden(when prepared right) For the home team Prem Pawlicki had a mare - falling twice and MJJ and lebedevs weren`t much better.Magnus Zetterstrom was co-commentating- i couldn`t understand a word of what he was saying, but he seemed to know his stuff !!!

Attendance 3370

13 hours ago, racers and royals said:

3807 at Kumla !!! loads of sponsorship in Swedish speedway- teams are run by the local community- not one person !!! and the local businesses get behind the clubs in a big way.

So who gets paid, just the riders?

8 hours ago, Trees said:

So who gets paid, just the riders?

The team manager i’m sure does as well- and he probably has more responsibility  than most of the TM’s over here, as he probably picks and negotiates the riders deals. I’m sure the clubs hava a committee each person with a designated task.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 9:30 PM, racers and royals said:

Thursday`s Match

VETLANDA

1 Wozniak

2 Zmarzlik

3 Kurtz

4 Kubera

5 Palovaara

6 Hjelmland

7 Batchelor

LEJONEN

1  Hampel

2 Tungate

3 Klindt

4 Woryna

5 Kasprzak

6 Tornbolm

7 THJ

Lovely day in Vetlanda- i will be watching live on ESS- not expecting too much as it is at Vetlanda which has always been a" gate and go " track  and very difficult to pass on 

Hello from the studio - riding order has changed a little from the above I think.

Hot and sunny in Vetlanda.  Had a nice lunchtime pint - let's hope the graphics man hasn't had too many this time!

Edited by Dave Goddard