British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Swedish Elitserien Final Tues/Wed 24th /25th September

52 minutes ago, Ghostwalker said:

Tai have also declared that he won't ride in Sweden next season. Supposedly it is the extra meetings on Thursdays that they don't like. Too much extra travelling. 

When they look at Jason Doyle, I hope they hang their heads in shame.

• Like 1

Is the ESS retaining the nine team league with Thursday racing next year?

Anyway, more importantly, congratulations to Smederna for bringing the playoffs to life. The narrow win over Vetlanda followed by the comprehensive thrashing of Dackarna is an achievement to be truly proud of. The dark days of a few years back must seem very distant now for Ghostwalker and his fellow fans/administrators.

Gleb Chugunov was a true delight to watch.

Most of all I'd like to thank ESS for their legal streaming service this year. 82 matches for less than £80 has to be one of the best bargains I've ever bought. It has been a real privilege for the first time in five decades of watching speedway to watch a complete league season. I never dreamt I would ever get that opportunity. 

I just hope that despite the C-More deal next year I can still watch the complete season, even if on demand rather than live. This sport can still be wonderful, if it's given the chance. 

Congratulations Smiths, the team of Tommy and Bengt Jansson. You truly deserved it

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Col said:

When they look at Jason Doyle, I hope they hang their heads in shame.

I do think in Doyle's case he is making" hay while the sun shines  " late developer at this level and not in the first flush of youth plus a shed load of injuries that will come back to haunt him I am sure .

16 hours ago, Ghostwalker said:

I am so nervous right now. Cannot let Dackarna get a big gap after the first couple of heats.

I was like you Ghostwalker Dackarna are a quality team but Smederna last night did not hold back as they were focused and extremely determined to win and had the belief that they would. That was an incredible performance by Smederna in the play-off final all credit to every single rider and team manager. Woentin leading Janowski for 2 laps proved that he gave it all he had and deserved his place riding in heat 14.

CHAMPIONS 1973, 1977, 2017, 2018, 2019 :drink::D:D:D:cheers:

To celebrate my teams victory last night I have designed myself a new vector graphic BSF logo.

Edited by Robbie B
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Robbie B said:

I was like you Ghostwalker Dackarna are a quality team but Smederna last night did not hold back as they were focused and extremely determined to win and had the belief that they would. That was an incredible performance by Smederna in the play-off final all credit to every single rider and team manager. Woentin leading Janowski for 2 laps proved that he gave it all he had and deserved his place riding in heat 14.

CHAMPIONS 1973, 1977, 2017, 2018, 2019 :drink::D:D:D:cheers:

To celebrate my teams victory last night I have designed myself a new vector graphic BSF logo.

A video I made after the gold in 2017, perhaps I need to do an updated version. I also read on social media that there were fans
from Wimbledon present at the celebrations. They had travelled here from London and Kent.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghostwalker said:

A video I made after the gold in 2017, perhaps I need to do an updated version. I also read on social media that there were fans
from Wimbledon present at the celebrations. They had travelled here from London and Kent.

That mention of the Wimbledon fans is one of the most touching comments I've read for a  long time. Nearly half a century on Tommy Jansson's light still burns in faithful hearts. This troubled sport can still make you gasp. It's people like that who will never let the sport die. 

• Like 2

us Wimbledon fans that remember Tommy Jansson, Bo Jansson and Stefan Salomonsson riding fro Wimbledon have great affection for Smederna. And our clubs will always be linked with love our Tommy.

Great video Ghostwalker I remember watching the 2017 final on TV in the UK ad brilliant team riding by the Smederna and their never give-up attitude in the second leg against Elit Vetlanda wh rarely lost at home was incredible. Their 2018 title after losing at home was also special. But 2019 to win both legs by such a maargain against a quality Dackarna team was sensational.

The Smederna gold ahts I think are brilliant and I want one.

Edited by Robbie B

2 hours ago, Robbie B said:

us Wimbledon fans that remember Tommy Jansson, Bo Jansson and Stefan Salomonsson riding fro Wimbledon have great affection for Smederna. And our clubs will always be linked with love our Tommy.

Great video Ghostwalker I remember watching the 2017 final on TV in the UK ad brilliant team riding by the Smederna and their never give-up attitude in the second leg against Elit Vetlanda wh rarely lost at home was incredible. Their 2018 title after losing at home was also special. But 2019 to win both legs by such a maargain against a quality Dackarna team was sensational.

The Smederna gold ahts I think are brilliant and I want one.

I think you remembering it wrong. in 2018 the first meeting at Eskilstuna was postponed due to rain. Smederna won by 2p in Målilla
and then crushed Dackarna at home on Smedstadion the week after.

https://ta.svemo.se/Public/Pages/Competition/DrivingSchedule/CompetitionHeatSchema.aspx?Branch=speedway&Season=2018&Resultfilter=APPROVED&Columns=FromDateShort,Name,HeatSchema,HeatResult&pagesize=20&CompetitionId=9615
https://ta.svemo.se/Public/Pages/Competition/DrivingSchedule/CompetitionHeatSchema.aspx?Branch=speedway&Season=2018&Resultfilter=APPROVED&Columns=FromDateShort,Name,HeatSchema,HeatResult&pagesize=20&CompetitionId=9616

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 1

Many thanks for putting right Ghostwalker I never these meetings live but only  recordings of the live meeting, as I was in hospital at the time, and missed both meetings live. This is where my confusion must have came from.

many thanks for the links :D

Edited by Robbie B
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

The important thing now for Smederna now is to secure Jerker, Jimmy and Jarl for the next season.

Also the interview with Fredrik Lindgren after the meeting when the team celebrated, the reporter asked him if there is any chance for him to continue at Smederna, Fredrik obviously said No, but you could see that he got emotional about it, was probably a hard decision for him to take.

We all know that Smederna perform best when they need to, but never in my wildest dreams would I have thought that we would absolutely crush Dackarna.

• Like 1

Thankyou for watching and for all the info this season guys and girls :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave Goddard said:

Thankyou for watching and for all the info this season guys and girls :)

And thank you for your excellent work in the commentary box this season, although i was slightly disappointed that you weren`t translating the Swedish interviews shown  at the end of Wednesday`s match :D

With C More now showing all  the Elitserien  matches in 2020 with a 4 camera main match on both Tuesday`s and Thursday`s next season,  i wonder what the Swedes will make available to foreign TV stations - could it be 2 matches a week on Tuesday`s and Thursday`s ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

And thank you for your excellent work in the commentary box this season, although i was slightly disappointed that you weren`t translating the Swedish interviews shown  at the end of Wednesday`s match :D

With C More now showing all  the Elitserien  matches in 2020 with a 4 camera main match on both Tuesday`s and Thursday`s next season,  i wonder what the Swedes will make available to foreign TV stations - could it be 2 matches a week on Tuesday`s and Thursday`s ?

More importantly, will C More's captions include all changes to race line-ups, especially when rider-replacement was in use? It can't have been easy for Dave to spot some of those changes that were not mentioned on the feed. Nightmare! At least he had the English language interviews to tell him the nominated heat line-ups. 

It's hard enough commentating 'off-tube' with ALL the information that you need. 

This was also Dackarna's third final loss in the past 4 seasons (2016, 2018 and 2019).