British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It seems to be the stadiums that also run greyhounds are the ones that dont allow pet dogs in

Perhaps is a health/vetinary type precaution(???)

Ironically the same caring people that sadly turn a blind eye when the dogs health is no longer a priority and they get the luxury of a bullet and landfill site to end their days

• Like 1

I can't understand this rule anyway. Coventry ran Greyhound Racing and dogs were still always allowed. Wolverhampton, Oxford and Swindon all did then suddenly brought the rule in so that was the end of our visits to those tracks.  There aren't exactly any Greyhounds wandering around during Speedway matches so why are visiting fans pet dogs banned?  If it's just a health risk it would be simple enough to show up-to-date injection records.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

As I have asked before, do you take your dog to the movies?

I take my dog wherever he is ‘allowed’. Isn’t that the point of the thread? No one is asking to take their dog to the movies. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tyretrax said:

I've taken a few dogs to the pictures over the years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

I've taken a few dogs to the pictures over the years.

But did they pee and poop where people were walking??? :blink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hodgy said:

I take my dog wherever he is ‘allowed’. Isn’t that the point of the thread? No one is asking to take their dog to the movies. 

Why wouldn't you take 'em to speedway? I'm sure they would like Dean Barker, Tai Woofinden, Terrier Betts, and the like. Not forgetting Lassie Bjerre, or most of the Great Danes, actually...

Steve

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, chunky said:

But did they pee and poop where people were walking??? :blink:

Only after 6 gin and tonics!

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, tyretrax said:

I don't take my dog to the movies. Not until they make another Lassie film anyway.

But then I don't go to Glasgow or Edinburgh from my home in the midlands, to go to the movies. B)

Enough of this levity (for now at least). We still have a few tracks missing from my list. Can we complete it please?

Edited by False dawn
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, hobnob said:

No dogs allowed at Swindon apparently because Stadiums rules because of the greyhounds

You are wrong, Swindon always let my missus in!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sommelier said:

You are wrong, Swindon always let my missus in!!

I'll tell her you said that Marcus!

• Haha 1

This is one of those situations where you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

There are some dog owners who have to take there dog EVERYWHERE they go , regardless of it maybe annoying other people       ( or annoying the dog even ! }

Personally , I don't want to go and watch Speedway  while stepping in dog poo and listening to dogs barking . 

As someone said , do you  take a dog to the Cinema ?  a  Football Match ?  

I would probably avoid any track where a lot of people took dogs 

( I believe you could add Cardiff to the NOT allowed list )

Edited by djr
  • Like 1

Hope they have to pay to bring them in. Why people need to bring a four legged turd factory to speedway is beyond me.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Shrub said:

Hope they have to pay to bring them in. Why people need to bring a four legged turd factory to speedway is beyond me.

Can’t recall ever seeing a horse at a Speedway meeting. I’ve also never heard a bark or seen a turd (insert double entendre) at any meeting I have attended. Does it really bother you that much? Guess you just don’t like dogs, nothing to do with Speedway.