British Speedway Forum

15 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

Can’t recall ever seeing a horse at a Speedway meeting. I’ve also never heard a bark or seen a turd (insert double entendre) at any meeting I have attended. Does it really bother you that much? Guess you just don’t like dogs, nothing to do with Speedway. 

You're right I don't like dogs much, totally pointless creatures. But I genuinely can't see why anyone would take one to speedway. Why not leave them at home like any other pet? 

3 hours ago, djr said:

Personally , I don't want to go and watch Speedway  while stepping in dog poo and listening to dogs barking . 

As someone said , do you  take a dog to the Cinema ?  a  Football Match ?  

I would probably avoid any track where a lot of people took dogs 

Don't bother going to Leicester then because there were at least 4 there tonight and sorry to disappoint you but no dog poo and no barking.  You always know someone is losing the argument when they resort to stupid comments like taking a dog to the cinema . :D Speedway attendances of a few hundred people  standing on a grassy bank as against thousands seated at a Football match is another daft comment not really worthy of a reply. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hodgy said:

Do you think ants go to discos?

It's been proved that ants are highly intelligent with a well-ordered society. The last thing they'd go to would be discos...

Steve

Edited by chunky
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, chunky said:

It's been proved that ants are highly intelligent with a well-ordered society. The last thing they'd go to would be discos...

Steve

...which puts them on a higher plane than the average human being.

4 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Specifically, a higher plane than the average BSF poster!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Who invented the internal combustion engine? Was it Porky the pig?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Gemini said:

Don't bother going to Leicester then because there were at least 4 there tonight and sorry to disappoint you but no dog poo and no barking.  You always know someone is losing the argument when they resort to stupid comments like taking a dog to the cinema . :D Speedway attendances of a few hundred people  standing on a grassy bank as against thousands seated at a Football match is another daft comment not really worthy of a reply. 

Thanks for the tip , I will avoid Leicester then. 

as for " losing the argument " and " stupid comments "    ,     your comments seem pretty stupid as well 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hodgy said:

Can’t recall ever seeing a horse at a Speedway meeting. I’ve also never heard a bark or seen a turd (insert double entendre) at any meeting I have attended. Does it really bother you that much? Guess you just don’t like dogs, nothing to do with Speedway. 

Definitely a few turds at Poole.

2 hours ago, djr said:

Thanks for the tip , I will avoid Leicester then. 

as for " losing the argument " and " stupid comments "    ,     your comments seem pretty stupid as well 

I thought they were quite intelligent actually, as against childish stupid comments about  taking a dog to the cinema or football matches.

Edited by Gemini

3 hours ago, chunky said:

Who invented the internal combustion engine? Was it Porky the pig?

...and there was I thinking it was Daffy Duck!

Edited by steve roberts

21 hours ago, Shrub said:

You're right I don't like dogs much, totally pointless creatures. But I genuinely can't see why anyone would take one to speedway. Why not leave them at home like any other pet? 

You are entitled to your opinion, some do some don’t. Very much doubt the thousands of unfortunate blind or deaf beneficiaries would agree they are ‘pointless creatures’. 

Appreciate you don’t like dogs, but fail to understand why you have a problem with people that do. Unless they are disturbing the meeting for you. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hodgy said:

You are entitled to your opinion, some do some don’t. Very much doubt the thousands of unfortunate blind or deaf beneficiaries would agree they are ‘pointless creatures’. 

Appreciate you don’t like dogs, but fail to understand why you have a problem with people that do. Unless they are disturbing the meeting for you. 

Guide and other working dogs are certainly not pointless, the pet ones to me are. I haven't a problem with people who like dogs, that isn't what I said. It was a genuine question as to why the need to drag them along to speedway? 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Shrub said:

Guide and other working dogs are certainly not pointless, the pet ones to me are. I haven't a problem with people who like dogs, that isn't what I said. It was a genuine question as to why the need to drag them along to speedway? 

You don’t need to drag a dog to fresh air, on a grass bank. It will take you. Although they don’t like the cinema. 

My Border Collie Lucy doesn't need dragging as she actually waits by the door when I'm going to Beaumont Park and before that Coventry since she was 9 weeks old.  To answer your question ~ in my case company on the journey to Brandon and I would feel safer with a dog with me if the car broke down.  Same reason for Leicester, also it's quite a trek back to the shopping centre car park in the dark.  I really don't know why you find it such a problem if people have a dog with them  as owners obviously wouldn't  if they were distressed or annoying to other fans. Everyone knows Lucy and she gets lots of fuss, then when the match starts she just goes to sleep. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Shrub said:

You sound like a real twit ...