British Speedway Forum

Can anyone tell me if dogs are allowed at Oxford please

6 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

Are you on twitter? As the club post a bit on there so might get an answer.

• Like 1

Sorry I don't know if the 'new' Oxford allow dogs. They always used to as I took Lucy with me but you are best to contact them direct and check. 

• Like 1

Thanks folks, I have emailed them but so far no response. I am not on twitter or Facebook but I will get someone to check there for me

On 5/29/2022 at 4:05 PM, Gr8scot said:

Aren't they running greyhounds at the same stadium? Normally that means no dogs, I'm sorry to say.
It's kind of ironic, for me at least, since my dog is a greyhound. But even that hasn't gained him access to other stadiums that run both sports (Sheffield, for example).

2 hours ago, Gr8scot said:

....I have emailed them but so far no response.....

Good luck with that. I emailed them on the 19th May about the Championship Pairs meeting to no avail.

2 hours ago, False dawn said:

Good luck with that. I emailed them on the 19th May about the Championship Pairs meeting to no avail.

I have just had a response which unfortunately states it’s assistance dogs only

No Championship Pairs for me sadly

Edited by Gr8scot
Omition

On 5/30/2022 at 9:07 PM, False dawn said:

Aren't they running greyhounds at the same stadium? Normally that means no dogs, I'm sorry to say.
It's kind of ironic, for me at least, since my dog is a greyhound. But even that hasn't gained him access to other stadiums that run both sports (Sheffield, for example).

You can’t take a greyhound into a greyhound stadium, I know it’s not funny but I can’t help but laugh at the irony of that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, marko said:

You can’t take a greyhound into a greyhound stadium, I know it’s not funny but I can’t help but laugh at the irony of that.

Can you take a hippo into a hippodrome??? :rofl:

I admit I'm not a dog owner, but I have respect for all animals. But it seems to me, we have moved dog ownership up a cog, whereby, owners seem to think it's a good idea to take the dog everywhere, including a noisy environment like speedway. We now have many dog friendly restaurants, which I feel is not condusive with health and hygene. A dog, is a dog, is a dog, not a human being! Don't get me wrong, we have many, so called, human beings, who behave worse than animals! 

• Like 3

On 5/30/2022 at 11:24 PM, Gr8scot said:

I have just had a response which unfortunately states it’s assistance dogs only

No Championship Pairs for me sadly

It is a very grey area with assistance dogs as I had similar at another event but not speedway. They told me I had to produce a certificate but is not such a thing as a registered certificate in the uk unless it is given to you by the occupational therapist or from social services.

1 hour ago, Paul Johnson said:

i remember seeing a dog at Peterborough in the stands, paws over the railing watching the bikes go round.

Can’t recall it’s name but that dog at the show ground was quite well known and often referenced on this forum.

I used to see dogs at Arena Essex, there was one on the home straight who used to get very excited wagging its tail seemingly when the Hammers done well.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, chunky said:

Can you take a hippo into a hippodrome??? :rofl:

Ah but. I did buy an Aero at an aerodrome. It was one of those yard long jobs, as I remember. :)

• Haha 2