British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
adonis

Who will be taking Gregs place ?

7 minutes ago, nw42 said:

He said he's seen it.

What a thread to introduce politics into, shame on you.

Will write 100 lines.   I will not make a joke on BSF.      Don't get why I should have shame, it's a silly joke nothing personal towards anyone, but don't bother explaining. 

Edited by Mark

1 hour ago, nw42 said:

He said he's seen it.

What a thread to introduce politics into, shame on you.

No, shame on the xenophobe for suggesting there isn't a 'genuine' Brit in the GP.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, adonis said:

Won't it be nice to see a genuine Brit in the series again ,

Not the time or place. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, adonis said:

Won't it be nice to see a genuine Brit in the series again ,

I know it's been a long old wait of exactly 1 SGP. 

IMO this is a step to far for Lambert at this time in his career, hope im proven wrong. He is getting beaten up on the first turn big time in Polish league, but the bar is set a lot higher in the GPs!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, sommelier said:

IMO this is a step to far for Lambert at this time in his career, hope im proven wrong. He is getting beaten up on the first turn big time in Polish league, but the bar is set a lot higher in the GPs!

Agree with you and the worry is that he doesn't make the most of his big chance he might find himself lower down the pecking in order for a pick

He was better yesterday for Lublin but you still wouldn't have him anywhere near a top 16 rider list in Poland. He seems to start meetings very slowly and doesn't seem to be able to consistently get out of the gate

All that said he was excellent in the SON and perhaps some if the trickier tighter tracks in SGP may suit him. 

8 minutes ago, James Carter said:

Agree with you and the worry is that he doesn't make the most of his big chance he might find himself lower down the pecking in order for a pick

He was better yesterday for Lublin but you still wouldn't have him anywhere near a top 16 rider list in Poland. He seems to start meetings very slowly and doesn't seem to be able to consistently get out of the gate

All that said he was excellent in the SON and perhaps some if the trickier tighter tracks in SGP may suit him. 

Yes, you say better at Lublin yesterday, Kurtz rounded him on the last turn, just watch the body language of Robert going down the back straight into the last turn, all wrong! He also looks so stiff on the bike, nothing flowing

27 minutes ago, sommelier said:

Yes, you say better at Lublin yesterday, Kurtz rounded him on the last turn, just watch the body language of Robert going down the back straight into the last turn, all wrong! He also looks so stiff on the bike, nothing flowing

I was left scratching my head on that post! Kurtz rounded Lambert?! 

Then I just realised I'd watched Gorzow v Lublin on YouTube and not Leszno v Lublin!!!

FFS!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sommelier said:

He is a very young kid but hope the experience will do him a lot of good.  It helped Tai and look how good he was next time he got in the GP's.    He might surprise us in one or two GP's with a semi final.   He has huge talent so I hope he doesn't get slagged on here.

• Like 2

Let him gain some experience whilst at the same time hoping Greg's wife has a speedy recovery and he is back soon. Not sure on the situation, but guess it isn't something that will be solved in the next few weeks though

• Like 1

Still early in the season, more to come from Robert I’m sure. He’s not fully up to speed yet the same as a lot of riders. 

Riding in a few GP’s will be invaluable experience. 

Yeah it's all great experience for Robert with no pressure ...

On 5/4/2019 at 7:26 AM, sommelier said:

I would argue at this stage in his career Lambert needs to be racing in meetings like this as its the only way to learn. IMO he can go to Warsaw with no pressure as depending on Greg Hancock`s circumstances he might only get one or two SGP`s so should take those with open arms, after that its up to the rider to come through the qualifiers which his experiences in Warsaw should help him with. 

• Like 1