British Speedway Forum
steve roberts

Malcolm Ballard

Does anyone have any information as regards what 'Mad' Malc is now doing? He was an overnight sensation at Eastbourne and showed promise on his move to Cowley but a move to Poole followed quickly to Leicester forced him to retire from the sport. He was a temperamental rider as I recall he had major issues with the Kennett Brothers.

An interview in 'Backtrack' would prove very enlightening!

Edited by steve roberts
  • Like 1

First rider whose autograph I asked for!!

He was in the second half in the first meeting I ever went to and was number 1 in the averages by the end of the season. 1971

As I've said on here before the Second Half finals were often a bit like stock cars with the young men throwing their bikes at each other.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hawkeyenz said:

First rider whose autograph I asked for!!

He was in the second half in the first meeting I ever went to and was number 1 in the averages by the end of the season. 1971

As I've said on here before the Second Half finals were often a bit like stock cars with the young men throwing their bikes at each other.

The Second Halves at Arlington used to be typically eventful with the abundance of talent on display. We were fortunate at Cowley whereby we saw many of the Eastbourne  and Peterborough hopefuls take to the track due to our promotional tie-ups.

If I recall Dave Lanning christened 'The Eagles' the 'Kamikaze Kids' during the early seventies.

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:00 AM, steve roberts said:

Does anyone have any information as regards what 'Mad' Malc is now doing? He was an overnight sensation at Eastbourne and showed promise on his move to Cowley but a move to Poole followed quickly to Leicester forced him to retire from the sport. He was a temperamental rider as I recall he had major issues with the Kennett Brothers.

An interview in 'Backtrack' would prove very enlightening!

We'd be keen but first we need to track him down... can anyone offer any pointers, please?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tmc said:

We'd be keen but first we need to track him down... can anyone offer any pointers, please?

Last I heard he was mechanic for Lewis Bridger?

• Like 1