British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Glasgow 05/05/19 SGB Championship Shield. 6.30pm

15 minutes ago, screm said:

Luke Ruddick guests for Glasgow tonight.

Can't comment re; Chessell, but based on Ruddick's performance at Brough the other week,,, ad guess it would make Glasgow stronger.

52 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Lambert's ability was made long before he joined the championship, even before the NL... Probably when the Germans gave him a chance when Britain didn't... Because he was 'too young'

Same goes for the Spillers (Either one being a nice number 7 rider?)

My mistake.

Should of read as "produce someone like Robert Lambert".

4 hours ago, Gazc said:

Yes, but a rider like Luke coming back from serious injury was always going to find it difficult and not to be mocked. It can't be easy for any rider in that position

Anyway my mother always said if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything. 

Spot on Gazc there are to many keyboard warriors quick to criticize riders who are struggling but if they knew the circumstances of the lads they would PROBABLY think twice before typing.. the chessells & Phillips etc of the sport need as much track time to build there confidence & start to enjoy & relax more on the bike rather than putting pressure on themselves

Cookie seems to get on with this track. But to get a result he’s going to need some back up from the rest. I can see another max on the cards but a result for the Tigers might be out of reach. 

Edited by GreenLightGo

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Can't comment re; Chessell, but based on Ruddick's performance at Brough the other week,,, ad guess it would make Glasgow stronger.

Maybees aye and Maybees naw (he's a Berwick asset) 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

He's also got a severely bent bike after last night! 

Homophobic comments about bikes now ;).

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Spot on Gazc there are to many keyboard warriors quick to criticize riders who are struggling but if they knew the circumstances of the lads they would PROBABLY think twice before typing.. the chessells & Phillips etc of the sport need as much track time to build there confidence & start to enjoy & relax more on the bike rather than putting pressure on themselves

To be honest I haven't seen any posts that are out of order, sadly for him Chessell has found life in the Championship very hard and that has seem him scoreless and tailed off in most races, no good for rider or club. Time away and a few good scores in the NL will do him the World of good and you never know maybe another chance in the Championship.

• Like 3

Hard fought win by the sounds of it. Nice one.

Great win for the boys tonight, not often you get an away win when your reserves don't beat a single opponent.. 

On another note, whats the script regarding the best 2nd place team advancing to the semi finals in the CS.. Obviously the teams in the Southern group are at a disadvantage since they have 2 less meetings compared to the other groups.. So how is it calcuated?

Well, we’re definitely through on 14 points.... at the worst you need a draw at Edinburgh then I’m not sure after that! 

3 minutes ago, Bandits4eva said:

Well, we’re definitely through on 14 points.... at the worst you need a draw at Edinburgh then I’m not sure after that! 

Ach well nothing to worry about then.. :D