British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle vs Glasgow 05/05/19 SGB Championship Shield. 6.30pm

Great win on the road and amazing given the boys at 6&7 struggling. Cookie is a true no1 - it’s been a long time coming! 

Well done Danny Phillips.....

• Like 5

What a night  , me and George pissed on the bus home,  was a pleasure to meet totally honest John and watch the Tigers do the business 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Well done Danny Phillips.....

Yeah, scored in every ride, how often will we be able to say that ? ;)

10 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, scored in every ride, how often will we be able to say that ? ;)

He did what he needed to do tonight.  That's a start.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, StevePark said:

He did what he needed to do tonight.  That's a start.

Yes, hopefully it keeps going.

Its just a shame we were lacking in other area's tonight.

Edited by ruffdiamond

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

What a night  , me and George pissed on the bus home,  was a pleasure to meet totally honest John and watch the Tigers do the business 

Honestly

I hoped you mopped it up... or if that's all it takes to get you an George canned it was a cheap night... good craic and enjoyed the company... apart from George coming back wid a cider instead of a bitter...  yuk...  nice to chat with wee Dorothy as well... good meeting although we lost and how costly were Stevie Worrall's engine gremlins in Heat 13.... never mind could have been oh so different... Oh and just to add I find it hard to believe when you told me that Gazc has such gender issues as he comes across so manly in his posts... he must have been the first publican ever in Glasgow to wear a frock... brave man... xxx

Regards 

THJ  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

I hoped you mopped it up... or if that's all it takes to get you an George canned it was a cheap night... good craic and enjoyed the company... apart from George coming back wid a cider instead of a bitter...  yuk...  nice to chat with wee Dorothy as well... good meeting although we lost and how costly were Stevie Worrall's engine gremlins in Heat 13.... never mind could have been oh so different... Oh and just to add I find it hard to believe when you told me that Gazc has such gender issues as he comes across so manly in his posts... he must have been the first publican ever in Glasgow to wear a frock... brave man... xxx

Regards 

THJ  

You have lost me with this one , come to think of it you lose most after the first paragraph.

Now has a close member of my family been feeding you a line and you have been biting by any chance , or did the beer set in and all you heard was broad Glaswegian accents and you didn't really know what they were saying, so you just nodded your head like the Churchill dog in agreement.

• Like 1

Honestly Gaz ya could be right lol... and the fist paragraph refers to George and ya man pissing on the bus... but I would never reveal my sources just to protect the innocent... anyway when's the truth ever got in the way of a good bit of craic... just finished me mixed kebab an two cans of Guinness a found in the fridge an honestly gutted we lost this evening but I'm sure a good night was had by all... even those who pissed on the bus...  never mind I enjoyed it anyway and I'm sure the traveling faithful enjoyed it as well... hope they all get home safe... that's me off to bed now nowt else to eat or drink... doh... 

Regards 

THJ 

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Regards 

THJ  

Was nice to meet you too THJ , I take back my slagging you off on the Worky page last season, you're not a bad bloke really 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Jedd List looking very fast after the meeting, albeit racing alone. I would try and fit him in if we can.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Cerro said:

Great win for the boys tonight, not often you get an away win when your reserves don't beat a single opponent.. 

On another note, whats the script regarding the best 2nd place team advancing to the semi finals in the CS.. Obviously the teams in the Southern group are at a disadvantage since they have 2 less meetings compared to the other groups.. So how is it calcuated?

It's calculated on an average basis of points per meeting or something like that. That actually gives the three team group a slight advantage as each meeting is worth more percentage-wise. Glasgow need two points from their outstanding fixture (14/6 = 2.33) to have a better record than Somerset (9/4 = 2.25). 1 point is not enough (13/6 = 2.16). Berwick have qualified irrespective of whether they finish first or second in the group.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jackofdiamonds said:

Jedd List looking very fast after the meeting, albeit racing alone. I would try and fit him in if we can.

He would fit at the expense of Simon, but he would be in the main body of the team.

16 minutes ago, leander said:

It's calculated on an average basis of points per meeting or something like that. That actually gives the three team group a slight advantage as each meeting is worth more percentage-wise. Glasgow need two points from their outstanding fixture (14/6 = 2.33) to have a better record than Somerset (9/4 = 2.25). 1 point is not enough (13/6 = 2.16). Berwick have qualified irrespective of whether they finish first or second in the group.

Its not like speedway to make anything easy is it :D