British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
acef

Belle Vue vs Poole 6/5/19

That decision to water the track has single handedly cost us that meeting.

Absolutely appalling decision and whoever's made the call needs bringing to book.

Match of 2 halves. Well deserved 2 points. 

Just now, acef said:

Absolutely appalling decision and whoever's made the call needs bringing to book.

Good result for Poole, well done.

1 minute ago, acef said:

did the track need water though:party:

Fantastic comeback by the Pirates , well done to them 

From a BV perspective , that was embarrassing :(

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

did the track need water though:party:

It did but they went to town on it. Got the massive bowser out and went round 3 times. Way over watered. From that moment Poole just adapted better.

It totally killed our flow and I'd love to know if that was done in consultation with the home riders or not.

A good come back for Poole so well done to them but to drop a 16 point lead after half of a meeting is shocking.

I said earlier stand by this team but I've changed my mind after that. Wells and Berge need to go.

Edited by acef
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, acef said:

Perhaps halifaxtiger will have a word with Colin Meredith

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, acef said:

Sorry I thought it was always the best prepared race track in the UK?!  Can't have been Poole riders asking for it to be watered as they never like track watering once the meeting is well underway!!:rofl::party::cheers:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Sorry I thought it was always the best prepared race track in the UK?!  Can't have been Poole riders asking for it to be watered as they never like track watering once the meeting is well underway!!:rofl::party::cheers:

Looks to me like it was brilliantly prepared as far as Poole is concerned. 2 points in the bag and heat times that are only a second or so slower than current Poole times for a track that is 15% bigger, says something about it...

Oops. These things happen when you’re playing the game but it’s still a game worth playing when you think of the result come seasons end.

Maybe not make it so obvious next time lol. :D

What the hell was that. 

Fuming I am. Deffo a match of 2 halfs. 

Well done Poole on the comeback. Jack holder rode brilliantly to block bjerre in heat 15 and both aces riders in heat 15. Some great team riding. 

From our perspective not good enough. We are relying to much on the heat leaders and when they have a bad one it will show. Like today. 

Tracks been poor all year for me. Today there was no outside line. Why they flooded the track after heat 8 I dont know. It wasnt a hot day. It wasnt needed. 

We all know which 2 riders need to go but i dont think we will change anything. They should at least get wells away from no4 and put bewley there with worrall at 3 and wells moving to 2

Edited by Phil The Ace

58 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Since last year it’s been tactical substitute from 6 points behind.

Correct

Good result for Poole

Edited by bigcatdiary

What a come back, right the pirates off at your peril ☠️ 

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

What a come back, right the pirates off at your peril ☠️ 

Write :rolleyes: