British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
acef

Belle Vue vs Poole 6/5/19

After 8 heats and 16 pts in front, I truly expected a score similar to the match at Poole, Poole had different ideas and  found their gating boots. Great comeback so well done to Poole, but for me the real winner was speedway, racing like that is what it's all about, yes they did water too much, but that goes for both teams.Totally agree with others about Wells and Berge, problem is  who could we replace them with.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hyderd said:

After 8 heats and 16 pts in front, I truly expected a score similar to the match at Poole, Poole had different ideas and  found their gating boots. Great comeback so well done to Poole, but for me the real winner was speedway, racing like that is what it's all about, yes they did water too much, but that goes for both teams.Totally agree with others about Wells and Berge, problem is  who could we replace them with.

There are a few options available. Belle vue are generally loyal to their riders so I would be surprised to see changes at this point.

The first thing we need to do is adjust the riding order. Wells needs to go to number 2, Dan to number 4 and Steve to number 3. Bjerre will likely go to 1 at the next set of averages. That should give us a better balance.

Garrity is on decent terms now so I'd have a look. The biggest change though is simple enough, get the averages down enough to be able to bring Craig back for Ricky, and get a replacement for Berge.

11 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Racing was awful. Heat 15 was good without a pass though

55 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Sorry I thought it was always the best prepared race track in the UK?!  Can't have been Poole riders asking for it to be watered as they never like track watering once the meeting is well underway!!:rofl::party::cheers:

It isn't poorly prepared it's just not been prepared like the past. Its still a beautiful track to ride.

The outside has gone. You literally go backwards when you get out to it. 

7 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Racing was awful. Heat 15 was good without a pass though

Dont think it was awful Phil. Not close to the standard we are used to but it would still beat most tracks.

It was really deep today and that just doesnt suit the track. It needs to be slick with enough on the outside to make 2 racing lines.

The racing got better when it went slick.

1 hour ago, Dornier fixer said:

Perhaps halifaxtiger will have a word with Colin Meredith

I think they watered it because people complain about dust when there isn't any :D For future reference, Colin Meredith hasn't done the track for a couple of years  :rofl:

I think its a cheap excuse to blame the track. True, it was watered but it didn't turn to slop. 

What did Belle Vue was poor starts by Fricke & Bewley in heats 9 & 10, a lack of ruthlessness by Bjerre, Worrall making a hash of bend 3, lap 4 heat 10 and a poor performance from Wells. In addition, when the chips were down Poole dug in and they should be given the credit for it. Had their team manager been more astute, they might well have won. 

8 minutes ago, Sherborne Green said:

Nodody giving any praise to Poole

Have you read the previous comments at all?:blink: A number of people have done just that

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I think they watered it because people complain about dust when there isn't any :D For future reference, Colin Meredith hasn't done the track for a couple of years  :rofl:

I think its a cheap excuse to blame the track. True, it was watered but it didn't turn to slop. 

What did Belle Vue was poor starts by Fricke & Bewley in heats 9 & 10, a lack of ruthlessness by Bjerre, Worrall making a hash of bend 3, lap 4 heat 10 and a poor performance from Wells. In addition, when the chips were down Poole dug in and they should be given the credit for it. Had their team manager been more astute, they might well have won. 

:rofl::rofl:

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Sorry I thought it was always the best prepared race track in the UK?!  Can't have been Poole riders asking for it to be watered as they never like track watering once the meeting is well underway!!:rofl::party::cheers:

And if they had watered it against Swindon we may have had a different result 

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

And if they had watered it against Swindon we may have had a different result 

and maybe a serious accident as well

Thought the first 7 heats were poor very processional, things improved in second half of the meeting which coincided with the poole fightback.

Gating was a priority even Fricke and Bewley struggled when they missed it.Agree that Wells and Berge probably need replacing and credit to Poole for the fightback for a well deserved draw.

Pleased with this nice tight scoreline, stops the cheats fudging the averages and making 17 changes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2