British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
acef

Belle Vue vs Poole 6/5/19

On 5/6/2019 at 2:28 PM, BLACKHEART said:

The other day I told you a fact about the Belle Vue team and Lidsey. 

Ricky Wells will never do anything in the Premiership so don't be shocked that he is putting low points on the board. He has been around for a good few years and he's never pulled up any tree's. 

Berge you get what you pay for and that's a rider who will achieve his average on most tracks but wont over achieve and again you are getting what you paid for. He and Wells will not be putting a point on starting GSA's because they're not good enough to do that. More often than not they will achieve their averages but will also throw in the odd nightmare meeting here and their. Not going to over achieve.

The entire Belle Vue team relies on Jaimon Lidsey living up to the hype and over achieving. If he doesn't the entire Belle Vue team falls apart. Yes it's asking a lot but that's the risk Belle Vue have taken. 

Lidsey is not doing anything at the moment so Belle Vue's best bet is to get rid of Ricky Wells or Dimitri Berge because they cant afford to have 3 riders struggling to put 13 points on the board every meeting. 

That’s not a fact , that’s an opinion, your opinion 

please don’t get the two mixed up 

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, acef said:

It isn't poorly prepared it's just not been prepared like the past. Its still a beautiful track to ride.

The outside has gone. You literally go backwards when you get out to it. 

You're not wrong on that according to Stevie Worrall. That's almost word-for-word what he said in the press conference.

He also was angry with himself for allowing Josh G. to pip him to the line in heat 10. He knew he'd done wrong, but also thought that it was actually Max there where Josh was.

The comments re: the riding order I'd fully agree with. We are looking very weak in heat 14 - even allowing for Brady Kurtz being there as a tac sub today - but we've been so used to having Rohan Tungate in that heat and it was like having a 4th heat leader at the NSS. Just taking that heat in isolation with Rohan there instead of Ricky Wells, there'd have been a good chance of him at least splitting the Pirates pair and that would have meant a narrow Aces win. Just my opinion - I readily admit I really enjoy watching Tungate at the NSS - but I'm hoping for his and the Aces sake that Ricky will improve on his scores. I don't doubt his effort at all, and maybe a move to the No.2 position might help him.

Said in the pre season predictions that this Aces line up didn’t convince me and I’m still of that opinion. They are going to be in a scrap for fourth without changes. 

• Like 2

Definitely a meeting of two halves. Brilliant fightback by Poole when many teams would have given up and a well deserved draw for their efforts.

There was some good close racing but it is right to say that the wide outside line does seem to have disappeared. You could see in a number of races that Fricke and Bewley in particular weren't making any ground up when using it. Fricke gave it everything in heat 15 but couldn't get past Holder who was using the inside. In fact it was Bewley who made up the most ground after a poor start to catch up with Holder and that was by also using the inside.

I agree that a Worrall, Wells switch round would give a better balance but I would persevere with Wells and Berge a bit longer. There doesn't seem to be that many options for Wells at the moment. Garrity maybe, if the averages fit, but you never know what you're going to get with Jason.

Edited by Aces51

15 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Said in the pre season predictions that this Aces line up didn’t convince me and I’m still of that opinion. They are going to be in a scrap for fourth without changes. 

I think this aces side will miss out without changes 

1 hour ago, Sherborne Green said:

Nodody giving any praise to Poole

Bald Bloke did :P

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Racing was awful. Heat 15 was good without a pass though

heat 12 was another good one and if Jaimon had of held the inside line we would of got a 4-2, he didn't and it ended a 3-3, still a good race.

what would need to happen in terms of numeration to get Craig back in place of Ricky?

Is it doable at the next set of averages if we replace Berge as well with a lower averaged rider?

Say Bickley or flint for example what would that leave us, Craig’s average comes down at the first set for EL doesn’t it?

Edited by acef

Just now, acef said:

what would need to happen in terms of numeration to get Craig back in place of Ricky?

Is it doable at the next set of averages if we replace Berge as well with a lower averaged rider?

Not really. We can only make like for like changes 

Options for me are

Anders lyager

Rasmus Jensen

Kai huckenbeck 

Anders thomsen

Jason garrity

2 hours ago, Sherborne Green said:

Nodody giving any praise to Poole

Every belle vue fan has

5 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Not really. We can only make like for like changes 

Options for me are

Anders lyager

Rasmus Jensen

Kai huckenbeck 

Anders thomsen

Jason garrity

Thomsen and Huckenbeck seem like the obvious choices, both have come on massively in recent years.

Got a draw......feels like a loss.

Not going into all the arguments about how the track was watered today.............same for both teams.

Interesting though that in the the post meeting press conference Max Fricke stated that he really doesn't keep up with the team scores during the meeting.

Often heard this from riders before, but Fricke is captain for heavens sake!

2 minutes ago, lastword said:

Got a draw......feels like a loss.

Not going into all the arguments about how the track was watered today.............same for both teams.

Interesting though that in the the post meeting press conference Max Fricke stated that he really doesn't keep up with the team scores during the meeting.

Often heard this from riders before, but Fricke is captain for heavens sake!

I’m sure he is aware, somebody somewhere would be making noises, especially in a meeting like today.

A lot of riders ride for themselves though, I would imagine it happens a lot. 

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Pleased with this nice tight scoreline, stops the cheats fudging the averages and making 17 changes. 

Early Days yet pratrat, we may not need them , ;)

I don't see why riders need to keep up with team scores. That's the manager's job, and he can tell a rider if they are 6 down, for example, before they go out.

No need for riders to know the exact score really.