British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BOBBATH

Gil Goldfinch

Does anyone recall the circumstances of Gil's death-a Newcastle star in the PLĀ on loan from the Dons-heard he committed suicide-does anyone know the background????

Don't know if you remember, Bob, we did have a thread about Gil on here a few years ago, started by Gil's son Mark? Well, Mark did confirm (on the Speedwayplus website) that he did sadly take his own life.

Unfortunately, I don't know any more than that.

Steve

10 hours ago, chunky said:

Don't know if you remember, Bob, we did have a thread about Gil on here a few years ago, started by Gil's son Mark? Well, Mark did confirm (on the Speedwayplus website) that he did sadly take his own life.

Unfortunately, I don't know any more than that.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I looked up previous threads, in fact I contributed to one-I'd forgotten that(-must be age)- I noticed that Mark had requested info on his dad's career and that one poster to the thread mentioned that Gil had died of blood poisoning, however was sad to have it confirmed that he'd taken his own life back in 1963.

On 5/7/2019 at 11:42 AM, BOBBATH said:

Thanks Steve, I looked up previous threads, in fact I contributed to one-I'd forgotten that(-must be age)- I noticed that Mark had requested info on his dad's career and that one poster to the thread mentioned that Gil had died of blood poisoning, however was sad to have it confirmed that he'd taken his own life back in 1963.

It was me BOBBATH that said that as that is what the promoter of the time said, Mike Parker. So sad cos he was a lovely man and my favourite rider at the time.

• Like 1