British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MattJ81

Cradley vs Mildenhall NL 6th May

Appreciate it's pretty late to start a thread for last night's meeting but I guess it should have one!

Not a classic meeting but the first of the season for a number of the Cradley riders and a great finish; happiness is 46-44 after all and a great performance in Heat 15 from Max and Tom to get a result over Danny Ayres, who had looked unstoppable until that point.

I would imagine this is likely to be a regular theme for Cradley meetings with the way the team is put together and the lower points limit, with Clegg/Brennan in particular easing through meetings a distance in front of most (with the exception last night of the impressive Ayres of course), Harris was steady in the engine room and Halsey had a great first meeting beating his opposite numbers.   Then we hope that the new lads can get to grips with Monmore quickly to get us over the line; they were second best to their opposite numbers last night with Macauley Leek looking right on the pace.  On the positive they all stayed aboard and completed races, I'm sure they will be beating opposition reserves sooner rather than later as they settle in.

Due to the weather and constant threat of rain the meeting was done and dusted by 9ish, only a couple of re-runs all night and no interval