British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

PSC • Swindon Robins v King’s Lynn Stars • 9/5

They are a little strange. Who puts out a Twitter announcement saying they've parted company? They also said something along the lines of Cook isn't allowed to wear/display the CFS logo in case it misleads anyone in to thinking they are still sponsoring him...

Edited by lisa-colette

It’s a rubbishe statement but also a really clear marker of just how bad British speedway is right now that Swindon have had to bow down to the demands of a sponsor like that.

They have a horrible race suit and I’m sure Alun was challenged about it on Twitter. His response was it’s ‘the difference between going out of business’

They have them over a barrel and Swindon can’t do jack about it otherwise they would potentially fold.

Im also guessing this is why Craig left Peterborough.

Absolutely stupid. He’s now without a main sponsor and a place in the top league and would explain why he was asking for too much coin.

The sport should never bow down to a sponsor like that.

Edited by acef

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

CFS diddnt seem happy with cook guesting. Not sure he would have that much if a say. But I think this is a bit of an early call off. Could have waited till morning at latest

The weather has been dismal in Swindon today, tomorrow's forecast is  bad again  so not all  to do with the Cook situation.I hate seeing meeting's called off but this is the right call do supporters want to see follow the leader in freezing conditions i think not.One thing it does show is  what a farce of a Premiership fixture list we have now  we now dont have a home meeting until the 28th.Fans who get out of the habit of going to speedway find other thing's to do and sometimes they are hard to entice back.I don't know what other Robins fans want but I want at least three home meeting's a month the league's structure has to change soon surely.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 2

Will be hard trying to find a free Monday and Thursday when either team isn’t riding and to factor in and presume a rearranged meeting won’t have priority over Sweden on a Thursday as well.

Think the statement from CFS stinks , they are obviously happy that it has been called off, if the forecast had not been bad would Craig still have ridden as announced on tv by Nigel Pearson. Even though Craig is only riding championship, I can assure you that he is flying and would have done a good job for the robins. Shame that a major sponsor has to hold a team to ransom because of a fall out with 1 rider.

52 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Think the statement from CFS stinks , they are obviously happy that it has been called off, if the forecast had not been bad would Craig still have ridden as announced on tv by Nigel Pearson. Even though Craig is only riding championship, I can assure you that he is flying and would have done a good job for the robins. Shame that a major sponsor has to hold a team to ransom because of a fall out with 1 rider.

Who is he holding to ransom?  Cook was named in the team for tomorrow! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Who is he holding to ransom?  Cook was named in the team for tomorrow! :rolleyes:

He was. But somebody by all accounts was trying to stop that happening 

Why has this been called off? Showers forecast but no deluge.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Why has this been called off? Showers forecast but no deluge.

Before you even contemplate knocking our club surely you should be worrying about your own club's track.Now it has to be near on the worst track in the Premiership and going back to the Hartwell trophy/ Blue Riband days in the 70s/80s the track then was excellent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stop talking rubbish. Pooles track is still way better than Swindon’s Improved track for racing. Yes it’s been poorly prepared but still one of the best tracks in the country when it’s prepared properly.

And stop deflecting. This meeting should never have been called off so early.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Stop talking rubbish. Pooles track is still way better than Swindon’s Improved track for racing. Yes it’s been poorly prepared but still one of the best tracks in the country when it’s prepared properly.

And stop deflecting. This meeting should never have been called off so early.

Might have been something to do with a certain sponsor threatening to pull there sponsorship if a certain rider guests for them. 

They had the perfect excuse because  of the  weather forecast to call this off to allow time to sort it out. 

2 or 3 years ago CFS used to attend every week and sponsor at Poole - meetings and riders - but had a falling out with Matt Ford and vowed never to come back.  and they haven't - even when Swindon visited.

I hadn't heard about the CFS/Cook split which is why I had previously stated Cook would never sign for Poole (although I don't think MF gets on with him either!?)

1 hour ago, semion said:

All this stuff about CFS and Craig Cook.  Go to their website and the message is loud and clear ‘Accept Cookies’. ;)  They can’t make it much clearer than that.

Apparently not of the Craig variety though  

Haha the conspiracy theorists on here!!!! Hilarious but the usual suspects at large....track took a pounding yesterday and with more expected later it looked a risk what with the first corners still needing time to bed in , as for the CFS/Cook s**t who cares 

• Like 2