British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Poole v Ipswich Supporters cup Thursday May 9th

I was not there tonight but looking at the scoring it does seem a very strange decision to not replace King with Allen in one of kings last two rides. Maybe the team manager had a good reason not to replace Danny? Maybe in his programme notes next week he may explain?

There is no reason good enough when it’s the difference between winning and losing......

4 minutes ago, semion said:

Poole using their get out of jail free  card there.

Certainly did.  

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

If I was there I’m pretty sure I could do a better job then whoever is doing it tonight from Poole

Speedway updates site is generally very good but this is awful

is there anything speedway fans wont moan about

• Like 3

Scott Nicholls is in top form and scoring heavily everywhere.   A team must pick him up when Wolves release him from the loan spell.

Edited by Mark

12 minutes ago, 2ndbend said:

OMG! How does Hawkins keep his job.... absolutely clueless. How does he expect Jake to ride in heat 15 when his last race was in heat 8 . Why wasn’t King replaced in his 4th ride? Why wasn’t either Lawson or Harris held back for heat 15? I could go on.....

Because 460 Ipswich fans voted on twitter for Harris and Lawson to be in heat 14.

16 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Bit of a shame we couldn’t get the win against an average looking Poole side but we threw so many points away when in big scoring positions so let’s look at the positives 

Good to see Harris on the pace still don’t know why Poole let him go

Poole need to let Worrall go but I’m not allowed that opinion and Covatti needs to up his game

Ahhh Gavan, I agree with you 100%. 

Worrall is awful. A rider with an 8 point champ average should be getting 6 a meeting in the prem. Covatti I feel sorry for but he might be in the process of forcing a change. 

If they went we would have 10.34. 

I would look at something crazy like Woryna and See if Kyle Newman would work on these new champ averages. Woryna is a huge upgrade over worrall. Newman would be great at home and im sure could pick up 4 ish points in places. 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

How poor are the update people at Poole I’m speedway updates? Bellego has 3 points and King 0..... sure it’s the other way round.... and it says premiership rather than supporters cup....

still a good start for us let’s see if we can keep it up 

Heat 5 was 4-2 and according to updates so was heat 6..... yet it says Heeps 2nd and Lawson 3rd so a 3-3? Yet Lawson isn’t even in heat 6........

whats the point of having an updates site that is wrong every race almost!

I would prob go with Poole Twitter updates. Right and a lot faster!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because 460 Ipswich fans voted on twitter for Harris and Lawson to be in heat 14.

Don’t pick both in the 4 nominations.... use Pieszczek in stead

1 hour ago, Scott0311 said:

The updater is taking this from the Poole Twitter feed and the rider scores by heat are correct but have been transposed incorrectly in to the score charts. You cannot blame Poole Speedway for that

He can.

One thing was proved completely tonight. There is nothing wrong with the Poole track, as Chris Harris showed tonight. Made some superb passes and extremely fast. The Wimborne Road Track certainly brings the best out of him.  

‘Poor crowd tonight. The effect of the debacle of the Easter meeting, together with footy on tv and a meaningless fixture and that’s the result. A shame as some of the racing was very good, nearly always around Chris Harris.

Ipswich led from heat one and were solid as a unit. Gating better and really the meeting should have been out of the Pirates reach before we got to the business end. But Pirates never give up, as Belle Vue found out on Monday. 

‘We had to get a result in heat 14 over Harris and Lawson and Holder, after a terrible first heat, went unbeaten. Blasting from the tapes Harris just couldn’t catch him meaning we had a chance in heat 15.

With Ipswich winning the toss and choosing 2 and 4, I would have thought we would have had the outside gates in the final heat but again Ipswich had 2 and 4. Ref mistake?

Finally the two Poole boys gated and KP packed up after a couple of laps leaving Nicholls and Josh clear to claim the win, the first time we led in the whole meeting.

I was surprised Allen didn’t get an extra ride for King, who had some bad luck.

8 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Ahhh Gavan, I agree with you 100%. 

Worrall is awful. A rider with an 8 point champ average should be getting 6 a meeting in the prem. Covatti I feel sorry for but he might be in the process of forcing a change. 

If they went we would have 10.34. 

I would look at something crazy like Woryna and See if Kyle Newman would work on these new champ averages. Woryna is a huge upgrade over worrall. Newman would be great at home and im sure could pick up 4 ish points in places. 

Nick Morris was with Josh in the pits and said he is ready to start in the next couple of weeks.

5 minutes ago, 2ndbend said:

Don’t pick both in the 4 nominations.... use Pieszczek in stead

I believe Both teams picked the top two in the supporters vote.

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I voted for Bellego :D

• Like 1