British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Poole v Ipswich Supporters cup Thursday May 9th

13 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Ahhh Gavan, I agree with you 100%. 

Worrall is awful. A rider with an 8 point champ average should be getting 6 a meeting in the prem. Covatti I feel sorry for but he might be in the process of forcing a change. 

If they went we would have 10.34. 

I would look at something crazy like Woryna and See if Kyle Newman would work on these new champ averages. Woryna is a huge upgrade over worrall. Newman would be great at home and im sure could pick up 4 ish points in places. 

You gonna pay for Woryna and his mechanic then?

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I believe Both teams picked the top two in the supporters vote.

You are not getting my point.... Hawkins should have nominated Lawson, Bellego, Pieszczek and Allen.... then Harris could have gone in heat 15......

Edited by 2ndbend
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Because 460 Ipswich fans voted on twitter for Harris and Lawson to be in heat 14.

Plus Poole fans.  Such a fair innovative rule

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Nick Morris was with Josh in the pits and said he is ready to start in the next couple of weeks.

Could be an idea. 

And the way this team has been built is clear it needs 6 out of 7 riders to deliver per meeting if not 7. 

Right now we are carrying 2 guys and luckily its just got us through. 

if Morris came in would give us 3.96 for a guy at 7.  I think that might be the best idea. 

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I voted for Bellego :D

so did I and that's what makes it a joke:t:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, semion said:

Well done Lisa, you must be very proud

Didn't work though! Also voted for Scott as I thought better to keep Jack for H15. Didn't work either! :lol:

3 minutes ago, semion said:

Well done Lisa, you must be very proud

Didn't work though! Also voted for Scott as I thought better to keep Jack for H15. Didn't work either! :lol:

2 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Could be an idea. 

And the way this team has been built is clear it needs 6 out of 7 riders to deliver per meeting if not 7. 

if Morris came in would give us 3.96 for a guy at 7.  I think that might be the best idea. 

every team is carrying a couple of riders probably due to the finances involved.     we are having close matches because of this which can only be good for the fans.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NOBODY said:

I'm bored... worrall is useless

Hahahahaha Edited because 2 hours ago it said Holder hahahaha you gutless clown.

• Haha 1

all our table voted for harris to keep him out of ht 15,such a lucky win in front of a small crowd

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

extremely fast. The Wimborne Road Track certainly brings the best out of him.  

27 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

One thing was proved completely tonight. There is nothing wrong with the Poole track, as Chris Harris showed tonight. Made some superb passes and extremely fast. The Wimborne Road Track certainly brings the best out of him.  

‘Poor crowd tonight. The effect of the debacle of the Easter meeting, together with footy on tv and a meaningless fixture and that’s the result. A shame as some of the racing was very good, nearly always around Chris Harris.

Ipswich led from heat one and were solid as a unit. Gating better and really the meeting should have been out of the Pirates reach before we got to the business end. But Pirates never give up, as Belle Vue found out on Monday. 

‘We had to get a result in heat 14 over Harris and Lawson and Holder, after a terrible first heat, went unbeaten. Blasting from the tapes Harris just couldn’t catch him meaning we had a chance in heat 15.

With Ipswich winning the toss and choosing 2 and 4, I would have thought we would have had the outside gates in the final heat but again Ipswich had 2 and 4. Ref mistake?

Finally the two Poole boys gated and KP packed up after a couple of laps leaving Nicholls and Josh clear to claim the win, the first time we led in the whole meeting.

I was surprised Allen didn’t get an extra ride for King, who had some bad luck.

CH’s heat times do not reflect on him as being “extremely fast”. Compared to the Poole track record it looks like he was riding a half charged mobility scooter.

2 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Who is Poole bound?

I assume Shov means Morris. Morris wanted away from Swindon probably because the track had been terrible. Don’t know why he would want to go Poole then.  But Of course everyone wants to ride for Poole. :rofl:

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

One thing was proved completely tonight. There is nothing wrong with the Poole track, as Chris Harris showed tonight.

:lol::D Harris has always loved a rough and dodgy track tho. It’s just the smooth fast ones he can’t ride well.

14 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Could be an idea. 

Morris for who? Like for like remember.

On 5/8/2019 at 1:48 PM, Baldyman said:

Scott won't do as well as Brady,,, so that helps the witches,,, not sure what we gonna get from bomber, but it's a track Barry has ridden a few times and normally scoring well.  Looks like the witches have a chance of maybe a point,,,

Well done, you did get a losing point assuming you can still qualify?

Scott did a brilliant job replacing Brady. It’s a couple of the other flaky Pirates that had off nights as will happen all season long such is the way they are built. 

Good to hear the racing was much improved, but one good meeting doesn’t cure the flaws that exist with the Poole track.

Have Poole qualified from their group or is it still open yet?

Lucky win but a win is a win although not really deserved. Harris engine failure whilst leading on 4th bend last lap, pieszcek falling after passing both pirates & King giving away a 5-1 whilst holding a comfortable 2nd through erratic riding. Harris was great value again, especially watching him battle with Nicholls.