British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Poole v Ipswich Supporters cup Thursday May 9th

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So the team predicted to finish top can only beat the team predicted to finish bottom by two points at home....either the league is going to be tighter than a tight thing or one or both of those predictions is wrong. 

Not by me! 

7 hours ago, NOBODY said:

Now wait for the ban Haha

Let’s hope you’re banned for good. Such foul language and aggressive demeanour have no place on a forum. Grow up.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Not by me! 

Should have said widely predicted ;)

2 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Let’s hope you’re banned for good. Such foul language and aggressive demeanour have no place on a forum. Grow up.

there is banter and banter he is a disgrace to poole speedway and speedway as a whole  disgraceful language

• Like 5

Better to be a lucky side than a good side. We saw no greater example of this than last years play-off final.

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

One thing was proved completely tonight. There is nothing wrong with the Poole track, as Chris Harris showed tonight. Made some superb passes and extremely fast. The Wimborne Road Track certainly brings the best out of him.  

‘Poor crowd tonight. The effect of the debacle of the Easter meeting, together with footy on tv and a meaningless fixture and that’s the result. A shame as some of the racing was very good, nearly always around Chris Harris.

Ipswich led from heat one and were solid as a unit. Gating better and really the meeting should have been out of the Pirates reach before we got to the business end. But Pirates never give up, as Belle Vue found out on Monday. 

‘We had to get a result in heat 14 over Harris and Lawson and Holder, after a terrible first heat, went unbeaten. Blasting from the tapes Harris just couldn’t catch him meaning we had a chance in heat 15.

With Ipswich winning the toss and choosing 2 and 4, I would have thought we would have had the outside gates in the final heat but again Ipswich had 2 and 4. Ref mistake?

Finally the two Poole boys gated and KP packed up after a couple of laps leaving Nicholls and Josh clear to claim the win, the first time we led in the whole meeting.

I was surprised Allen didn’t get an extra ride for King, who had some bad luck.

Other than yourself everyone else is saying the track was shocking. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

So the team predicted to finish top can only beat the team predicted to finish bottom by two points at home....either the league is going to be tighter than a tight thing or one or both of those predictions is wrong. 

I predicted that the current Poole 1-7 might scrape 4th and i said Ipswich wouldnt be bottom

The league looks quite unpredictable to me.

Poole arent very good at home perhaps the riders prefer riding away as the tracks are much better...................i would certainly expect Poole to run us very close at Foxhall next week......Worrall and Josh G and Klindt go well at our place and Jakobsen has been ok in a couple of visits and then of course Nico at reserve

I still stand by the opinion that Swindon will win the league.......best top 3 and a very strong second string in Ellis and Lampart is finding his feet......Zach will get better and then if they can either get Shanes going or get a number 7 that might get 3 or 4 then they are strong favourites for me

8 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

not correct the track was fine last night riders attacked the track don't believe everything you read . 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Track was fine. Harris was passing for fun. My guess is those that said the track was bad were nowhere near Wimborne Road.

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Track was fine. Harris was passing for fun. My guess is those that said the track was bad were nowhere near Wimborne Road.

Our Finnish friend Petri(fsp) was definitely there and he`s never shy in saying things as he sees them !!!!!

i quote

What an absolute piece of rubbish wawy dangerous worthless and everything else that track was to tonight. Get it right. It’ll cost less to make it levelled than it’ll cost to run a team for a night. Idiots the lot of you!

Edited by racers and royals

Try reading what the Ipswich management thought of the track

16 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Try reading what the Ipswich management thought of the track

why were they there they never did a very good job of managing your team  otherwise you should have won 

• Haha 1

exactly ray, the ipswich managements priority is to learn how to use their excellent reserves and try and understand the voting in ht14s

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, poole keith said:

exactly ray, the ipswich managements priority is to learn how to use their excellent reserves and try and understand the voting in ht14s

mind you I don't think neil did any better though :party: