British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Poole v Ipswich Supporters cup Thursday May 9th

59 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Why would anyone take notice of  what the Ipswich management say when you diss everything the Poole management say at every opportunity.

Poole came close to losing last night because yet again in the main they couldn't gate.  The 20 point home win over BV proves they can be comfortable at home.

However in the return Cup fixture at Foxhole next Thursday I fully expect the Witches to come out the winners. Happy to be proved wrong but we'll see.

NB, perhaps some of the supposed confusion in some of the updates (although Poole twitter updates were spot on as he sits directly over the start/finish line!) were due to the difficulty in recognising which Ippo riders were which due to the confusing team kevlars - also not helped by the faded yellow helmet colours looking very similar to white!!!:D:rolleyes:

And to add to the confusion Josh rode in Ipswich Kevlars!

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

And to add to the confusion Josh rode in Ipswich Kevlars!

Yes I know what you mean. They weren't but were quite similar!

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

Sadly there are a few like that on this forum. Despicable.

This is why I don’t like rolling averages as they give a completely outdated figure for what they are achieving currently. Some can be distorted beyond belief. The Nicholls one being a prime example. It’s hard for the average fan to even work out themselves!

The only scope is signing a rider (like Nicholls) who is on a low rolling average but averaging higher on 2019 averages alone. And there aren’t many that fall into that category. Less scope than you think!

Yes, it makes it a bit of a farce I think - the original intention was to stop clubs/riders deliberately lowering their average either for more scopt later in the year to build or for the following year but it makes in season changes very confusing and the 'average' is no guide to form any more.  

There will be riders who have yet to ride in the Premiership who may ride to their rolling average or even improve on it and then there'd still be a significant improvement. 

1 minute ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Yes, it makes it a bit of a farce I think - the original intention was to stop clubs/riders deliberately lowering their average either for more scopt later in the year to build or for the following year but it makes in season changes very confusing and the 'average' is no guide to form any more.  

There will be riders who have yet to ride in the Premiership who may ride to their rolling average or even improve on it and then there'd still be a significant improvement. 

The original intent was a good thing in all honesty but I don’t know which is worse now?

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Why would anyone take notice of  what the Ipswich management say when you diss everything the Poole management say at every opportunity.

Poole came close to losing last night because yet again in the main they couldn't gate.  The 20 point home win over BV proves they can be comfortable at home.

However in the return Cup fixture at Foxhole next Thursday I fully expect the Witches to come out the winners. Happy to be proved wrong but we'll see.

NB, perhaps some of the supposed confusion in some of the updates (although Poole twitter updates were spot on as he sits directly over the start/finish line!) were due to the difficulty in recognising which Ippo riders were which due to the confusing team kevlars - also not helped by the faded yellow helmet colours looking very similar to white!!!:D:rolleyes:

Yet another dig at one of the clubs who have bothered to to look professional rather than a bunch of ragbag amateurs - very sad although not unexpected. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

He's far from a tough guy if it's who I think it is?! Yet another name for our resident troll 

Name and shame.

20 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Name and shame.

you actually fit the bill:t:

49 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Name and shame.

Spartacus

Edited by semion

2 minutes ago, semion said:

I’m Spartacus and so is my wife

Edited by semion

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Yet another dig at one of the clubs who have bothered to to look professional rather than a bunch of ragbag amateurs - very sad although not unexpected. 

Prob just doing a Gavan to Gavan tbh. We have to put up with so much negative rubbish from him on a daily basis I'm not surprised a Poole fan gives it back slightly. Though nowhere near as bad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Prob just doing a Gavan to Gavan tbh. We have to put up with so much negative rubbish from him on a daily basis I'm not surprised a Poole fan gives it back slightly. Though nowhere near as bad!

Why are my opinions rubbish?

Poole track is poor

Ipswich were unlucky throwing away scoring positions

The speedway updates feed was poor

Richie Worrall is the weak link for Poole

I think Covatti could be doing better as well

If your to precious to accept any kind of comment about your team thats not my issue.

I have may good debates on here with many Poole fans

We all know what Shovlar is

And a Poole fan gave it back to me lol........blaming the update feed on riders wearing the same kevlars is comical...........i paid my first visit to Ipswich on Monday and although they wore the same kevlars its pretty obvious who is who and its very unprofessional that Poole dont have them and even Josh looked like he was racing for us.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, NOBODY said:

Actually you f king pr1ck I got the name wrong so f u

And yes holder is f king useless so far. But worrall is worse so go f a duck 

Proudtobeawnkr I was doing the wrong programme and got the rider wrong how about that u gutless cnt

Believe  what you like d head I don't have to answer to you

Check the correction times and what else I posted at the time prat . F king loser

Well what a little charmer you appear to be.

On a serious note I`m amazed these posts are still here to read, are the mods having a day off.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, screm said:

Well what a little charmer you appear to be.

On a serious note I`m amazed these posts are still here to read, are the mods having a day off.

I got banned for calling someone a numpty....depends on who you are i guess

I get banned for saying i don't like Poole, time for a non Poole biased mod?