British Speedway Forum

20 hours ago, Gemini said:

Does he not still own the name 'Coventry Bees'? :unsure:

My logic in thinking Horton was out of the way was because Coventry speedway ltd was dissolved in January.

There is article  about this is on the Save Coventry Speedway website 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 9:22 AM, HGould said:

Don't think that's right as some of the fixtures they failed to complete were Away matches?

As for Coventry be great to see them back especially as it looks like Cradley Heath have given up trying to find a new Track. Shown their programme for first meeting by a Heathen supporting friend and it appears that Mr Pearson and Patchett have confirmed they have decided to stop looking for new venue, happy to let someone else try and will just go season by season in National League.. 

Hey don't get spoiling it  for the bitter and twisted ,  their only enjoyment these days is taking a poke at the bloke who saved the bees in 2011 and despite the ravings of the narcissists ,ran it succesfully in the top league for the next 6 years .  where were the big gobs ,when no-one wanted Coventry In 2011 . oh I know queueing to to get their free admission off  the bloke they can't stand

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, adonis said:

Hey don't get spoiling it  for the bitter and twisted ,  their only enjoyment these days is taking a poke at the bloke who saved the bees in 2011 and despite the ravings of the narcissists ,ran it succesfully in the top league for the next 6 years .  where were the big gobs ,when no-one wanted Coventry In 2011 . oh I know queueing to to get their free admission off  the bloke they can't stand

What are you blathering on about with free admission.

Correct he has  run the bees since 2011, but I would put it down to a by speedway standards a large and loyal fan base ,not his mercurial promotional skills. 

Dont try and make him out to be a figure from Brandon’s past to be looked up at.He is a business person he knew he could make it pay at Brandon because of the fans.

he probably thought he could break even at Leicester so does that make him Francis of Assisi or Clueless Clarence of Caerphilly?

2 minutes ago, naffer said:

2 minutes ago, naffer said:

What are you blathering on about with free admission.

Correct he has  run the bees since 2011, but I would put it down to a by speedway standards a large and loyal fan base ,not his mercurial promotional skills. 

Dont try and make him out to be a figure from Brandon’s past to be looked up at.He is a business person he knew he could make it pay at Brandon.

it makes him a bloke who put his money where his mouth is .ran the Bees for 6 years  and tried to keep the Bees name alive .  what did you do ?  Do you think Narcissus himself ever paid to get in ? of course he didn't .but it didn't stop him swanning about like he owned the place . where were all the big plans for volunteers and investment back in 2011 ,  If it wasn't for Horton stepping in the bees would have been history by 2012 , and trying to ridicule his attempts to keep the team going at leicester speaks volumes about you and a few others who tried to prevent it ,  there is a Clueless Clarence in all this  .YOU

• Like 3

What did I do?

i supported the team and paid to get in that’s what I did .

i didn’t realise I had to be a major investor or promoter to have an opinion sorry about that.

i did nothing to prevent his attempts at Leicester either.

So wrong on three counts .That probably makes you tricky dicky from Billericay certainly not Clever Trevor.

Mick Horton a paragon of virtue please .

Track still looks in better shape than Wimbourne Road ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

On 5/15/2019 at 9:48 AM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Track still looks in better shape than Wimbourne Road ;)

But is is better than Wimborne Road? :-)

5 minutes ago, Sotonian said:

But is is better than Wimborne Road? :-)

Sorry about that

Mustve had U boats on my mind - like the sort that could hide in the holes at Wimborne Road ;)

• Haha 1

I had realised my mistake previously but choose to be in keeping with Poole and not correct it :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hopefully some light at the end of the tunnel for the Bees fans, although  protecting Brandon from the developers is one thing, but there is still the matter of getting the stadium out of BE's hands, which will be a big hurdle to negotiate.

It's a farce that a city like Coventry has lost the Bees and the stock, while the football team will now be playing in Birmingham.  

Well deserved that Coventry is the European city for Sport with no football team, no Speedway team. No   stock car or banger racing and no greyhound racing. Well done to them

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

Well deserved that Coventry is the European city for Sport with no football team, no Speedway team. No   stock car or banger racing and no greyhound racing. Well done to them

You couldn't make it up...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mickthemuppet said:

Obviously a lot of thought has gone into that one........not 

• Like 1

Is nude women on horseback racing the only sport left on Coventry? There's a statue to it in the city centre!!!

Seriously we sure need them back in the top division.