British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

"Sandwiched between major roads" would make it highly attractive for housing.

3 hours ago, MattK said:

It must be just me then, not wanting to live next to a main road.

I agree with W9 - part of current planning seems to be the linking of housing and roads as an integral part of any scheme.

If you want to build a major road then it is linked to and financed by housing development.

If you want to build houses then the developer now has to fund the infrastructure (road) upgrades as part of .

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the site is for sale? According to a greyhound forum it's for sale at £850,000.

5 hours ago, greyhoundp said:

Who actually owns brandon stadium ? Anyone can put in a planning application even if they dont own the land..

http://www.datalog.co.uk/browse/detail.php/CompanyNumber/JE116507/BRANDON+ESTATES+LIMITED

https://opencorporates.com/companies/je/EXTUID_300208

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/08464341/BRANDON-ESTATES-LIMITED/companies-house-data

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08464341/filing-history

So someone is behind this that doesnt want the general public to know who they are, i suspect its the Jersey based company, the clue is their accountants are based in Sutton Coldfield so i think all these companies are possibly one and the same..

This is from the Government's Overseas companies that own property in England and Wales

Title Number WK405562
Tenure Freehold
Property Address Coventry Stadium, Rugby Road, Brandon, Coventry (CV8 3GJ)
District RUGBY
County WARWICKSHIRE
Region WEST MIDLANDS
Postcode CV8 3GJ
Multiple Address Indicator N
Price Paid 2700000
Proprietor Name (1) BRANDON ESTATES LIMITED
Company Registration No. (1) 116507
Proprietorship Category (1) Limited Company or Public Limited Company
Country Incorporated (1) JERSEY
Proprietor (1) Address (1) Elizabeth House, 9 Castle Street, St Helier, Jersey JE2 3RT
Date Proprietor Added 02-12-2015
Additional Proprietor Indicator N
  • Like 1

Perhaps not to much of the past but Harry Findlay said he lost £1.5 million trying to promote greyhound racing at Brandon  He was a real genuine character and he would have been happy if he could break even but he was screwed completely by the stadium owner  which I think must have been a Mr Sandhu

Edited by mickthemuppet

First, can I immediately apologise for posting something off topic but hopefully what follows makes senses as I wanted to reach out to as many  Coventry fans as possible and figured this is the best place to do so.
The reason being that I have recently purchased a house as a renovation project and in the dilapidated garage there was a (wreck) of car and within it a large box of speedway programmes. I have not looked through them in any great detail but can say they are from the early 90's maybe earlier and basically cover Bees meetings home and away as well as some individual meetings where Cov riders were taking part - There is even a hat signed by Tommy Knudsen.
Interestingly I flicked through a Heathens v Bees programme and noticed that a certain Greg Hancock was riding at reserve for Cradley scoring 11 points...the return fixture at Brandon he scored 5...I wonder what happened to that young lad!!
The car and garage went last week, but if anybody is interested in the programmes let me know otherwise I'm sorry to say they will have to go too.

• Thanks 1

Coventry fans please spread the word.

Barry Bishop’s Virtual Skid project next airs on Thursday 16 July and features the Bees going wheel to wheel against the Cradley Heathens from the 90’s.

Each Heat is sponsored (as are the team managers Garry Stead and Adam Roynon). The Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund will be the sponsorship recipients.

Additional donations are being taken. Don’t  forget the SRBF text line is now open for you to be able to donate £5 - its quick and easy and you will be supporting a great cause. 

Text SRBF to 70085 or SRBFNOINFO to 70085 if you do not want any marketing updates.

Here is the legal bit....

Text SRBF to 70085 to donate £5
Texts cost £5 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and  SMS. If you’d like to give £5 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text SRBFNOINFO to 70085. 

If you haven’t tried Virtual Skid yet, search Speedway Portal and follow the links to one of the five meetings that have already been screened.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dickie Head said:

Coventry fans please spread the word.

Barry Bishop’s Virtual Skid project next airs on Thursday 16 July and features the Bees going wheel to wheel against the Cradley Heathens from the 90’s.

Each Heat is sponsored (as are the team managers Garry Stead and Adam Roynon). The Speedway Riders Benevolent Fund will be the sponsorship recipients.

Additional donations are being taken. Don’t  forget the SRBF text line is now open for you to be able to donate £5 - its quick and easy and you will be supporting a great cause. 

Text SRBF to 70085 or SRBFNOINFO to 70085 if you do not want any marketing updates.

Here is the legal bit....

Text SRBF to 70085 to donate £5
Texts cost £5 plus one standard rate message and you’ll be opting in to hear more about our work and fundraising via telephone and  SMS. If you’d like to give £5 but do not wish to receive marketing communications, text SRBFNOINFO to 70085. 

If you haven’t tried Virtual Skid yet, search Speedway Portal and follow the links to one of the five meetings that have already been screened.

Well recommended!

• Like 2

Funny thing is greyhound people say that the greyhound board should have taken over Brandon for their H.Q.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 10:41 AM, 1 valve said:

First, can I immediately apologise for posting something off topic but hopefully what follows makes senses as I wanted to reach out to as many  Coventry fans as possible and figured this is the best place to do so.
The reason being that I have recently purchased a house as a renovation project and in the dilapidated garage there was a (wreck) of car and within it a large box of speedway programmes. I have not looked through them in any great detail but can say they are from the early 90's maybe earlier and basically cover Bees meetings home and away as well as some individual meetings where Cov riders were taking part - There is even a hat signed by Tommy Knudsen.
Interestingly I flicked through a Heathens v Bees programme and noticed that a certain Greg Hancock was riding at reserve for Cradley scoring 11 points...the return fixture at Brandon he scored 5...I wonder what happened to that young lad!!
The car and garage went last week, but if anybody is interested in the programmes let me know otherwise I'm sorry to say they will have to go too.

I know its gone but what old car was it, theres a programme called Bangers & Cash about a car auction company  and some of the most sort after and more interesting old cars are those that have been left for years in garages some fetch good money.

Talbot Samba. 

On 7/11/2020 at 9:10 PM, tyretrax said:

Funny thing is greyhound people say that the greyhound board should have taken over Brandon for their H.Q.

Maybe the BSPA should have brought it and turned it into there hq. Could have held Marketing Events and lived demos of the sport to potential investors as well as using it as a national coaching centre. If only that collective bunch of fools had some vision! 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Spl77 said:

Maybe the BSPA should have brought it and turned it into there hq. Could have held Marketing Events and lived demos of the sport to potential investors as well as using it as a national coaching centre. If only that collective bunch of fools had some vision! 

How were they going to pay for it- shirt buttons ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

How were they going to pay for it- shirt buttons ??

Like most things you have to have a plan and to plan you need vision. 

Brandon should be the jewell in the speedway crown and maybe a plan to make it the British speedway hq should have been put in place years before the demise in 2017

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Spl77 said:

Like most things you have to have a plan and to plan you need vision. 

Brandon should be the jewell in the speedway crown and maybe a plan to make it the British speedway hq should have been put in place years before the demise in 2017

And money and the BSPA are skint and have been for years.

• Like 1