British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, a4poster said:

Our local football team employed someone to garner sponsorship on the understanding anything he bought in he would keep a percentage.  This seems common practice.

To put it in simpler terms.  If someone legitimately offers you £100 and all he wants in return is £20 back would you take them up on the offer?

I have always considered that 80% of a decent wedge was far better than 100% of bugger all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a4poster said:

Our local football team employed someone to garner sponsorship on the understanding anything he bought in he would keep a percentage.  This seems common practice.

To put it in simpler terms.  If someone legitimately offers you £100 and all he wants in return is £20 back would you take them up on the offer?

I grew up regularly hearing the term for agents and the like as "Mr Twenty Percent", so yes, it's been common practice for years.

Belle Vue NSS is the template for what is possible if there is the enthusiasm, the council support and the finance.

Would be wonderful if Coventry were to become the 'Belle Vue' of the midlands.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2020 at 3:19 PM, KevtheRev said:

It is my understanding that 70% of that money went to one person! One usually very orange person!

Your understanding is wrong. Tell it to stop making stupid things up. 

• Like 2

On 8/22/2020 at 9:14 PM, Tsunami said:

Your understanding is wrong. Tell it to stop making stupid things up. 

I never made anything up. It was told to me by someone quite prominent in the sport.

Edited by KevtheRev

8 hours ago, KevtheRev said:

I never made anything up. It was told to me by someone quite prominent in the sport.

Well they got it wrong. Switch the percentages around and you might be more accurate.

• Like 1

Coventry City Council has granted outline planning permission for a residential development of up to 2,400 homes on the west of the city centre.

Does this make residential development of the site less likely??

1 hour ago, spinkox said:

Coventry City Council has granted outline planning permission for a residential development of up to 2,400 homes on the west of the city centre.

Does this make residential development of the site less likely??

Brandon isn't in Coventry is it?