British Speedway Forum

Email sent. Hope it helps.

Email sent. I'll be getting my two daughters to do emails as well. A big thanks to all supporters of other clubs who have done the same - and don't forget Rye House as well!

Support speedway. Go to matches!

I've sent something to Erica Buchannan, but it all seemed a bit weird. I had to sign up to be able to leave my objection and the nearest description of who I am is 'neighbour'. Which does make me wonder if only people in the area will be 'listened' to? :unsure:

3 hours ago, Ray Stadia said:

I've sent something to Erica Buchannan, but it all seemed a bit weird. I had to sign up to be able to leave my objection and the nearest description of who I am is 'neighbour'. Which does make me wonder if only people in the area will be 'listened' to? :unsure:

You should have just emailed her on the address provided. No logging in or questions asked, just send your comments & add in your own address , job done. Your coments will count.

Disappointed to see that Sky Blues in the Community have supported Brandon Estates’ plan for a 3G pitch - the supporting letter signed by former player David Busst

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

You should have just emailed her on the address provided. No logging in or questions asked, just send your comments & add in your own address , job done. Your coments will count.

It wasn't very clear. The Rye House version was very easy to navigate. It felt as though it was a precursor to a full blown object/accept, but maybe it's not. :unsure:

Edited by Ray Stadia

Not ideal but it’s one signature, an ex footballer wanting a football pitch built. I’m sure signatures from all ex British/world champions and stox world champions who have ridden/drove at Coventry would certainly be more of a statement. 

5 hours ago, Coventry_Bee said:

Not ideal but it’s one signature, an ex footballer wanting a football pitch built. I’m sure signatures from all ex British/world champions and stox world champions who have ridden/drove at Coventry would certainly be more of a statement. 

He’s head of Sky Blues in the Community - that last word could carry so much weight against the speedway/stox campaign

3 hours ago, Midland Red said:

He’s head of Sky Blues in the Community - that last word could carry so much weight against the speedway/stox campaign

After seeing this letter we arranged an urgent meeting with Dave Busst, which took place last Monday.

He has since clarified his comments to the planning officer.

The position remains that the football club do not support the application.

• Like 3

Superb work by SCS, this whole profiteering planning charade from Brandon Estates quite frankly makes me effing angry. The stadium was my second home from the age of eleven right to my mid twenties when I eventually moved back to Northumberland for work. Fifteen years gone if BE win and destroy my step on the back straight. Loads of pocket money and wages went into that stadium. 

The whole stadium is still in a prime position to be a real motor sport centre again . Would be good to see a few more glory years for the Bees. We can only hope. Good luck guys and thank you for your hard work. It really is appreciated.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, MattB said:

So they are working closely with their security advisors ? Have they got any?

As for the rest of their comments, It's all just recycled garbage combined with plenty of lies.

1 hour ago, Dave Jones said:

So they are working closely with their security advisors ? Have they got any?

As for the rest of their comments, It's all just recycled garbage combined with plenty of lies.

Now claiming that having speedway at Brandon isn't fair on the local residents....