British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, MattB said:

Now claiming that having speedway at Brandon isn't fair on the local residents....

Its just like at Reading Racers not same use to be like nice and clean, its shut down :( i hopefully Reading & Coventry will returned!!???

Great response from the  save Coventry team on the latest statement from Brandon estates.

BE  seem a real mess to me recycled lies and quotes ,items being out of date to submit the planning not in the required framework etc and then admitting if they have to put up 106 money their scheme is not viable.

heavens above do they just use interns 

up the bees.

19 minutes ago, naffer said:

Great response from the  save Coventry team on the latest statement from Brandon estates.

BE  seem a real mess to me recycled lies and quotes ,items being out of date to submit the planning not in the required framework etc and then admitting if they have to put up 106 money their scheme is not viable.

heavens above do they just use interns 

up the bees.

http://www.savecoventryspeedway.com/news.php?extend.4252.1

Seems to me  that the only possible way of Speedway coming back to Brandon is for some  sort of consortium  to buy the Stadium from the present owners . Until this happens it is all just whistling in the wind.

4 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Seems to me  that the only possible way of Speedway coming back to Brandon is for some  sort of consortium  to buy the Stadium from the present owners . Until this happens it is all just whistling in the wind.

They have a reputable person who has already put an offer on the table to buy Brandon but BE haven't responded/acknowledged it. They prefer to make people believe its not viable, forgetting that it had been viable since 1928 up until BE closed the gates... 

• Like 1

Could be great news for all Coventry fans. I attended several meetings at Brandon in the 60’s and always enjoyed my visits.

• Like 1

I've sent in my email. If Oxford can come back so can Brandon.  I've moved out of the area (nearer to Oxford now!) but would still travel to attend some meetings throughout the season. I suggest a link in other topic areas to get as many people noticing as possible.

• Like 4

Posted my email...good luck!

• Like 3

My support has gone in.  Let's get Brandon Stadium back in the right hands

• Like 5

Submtted mine. Good luck. The proposal doesn't mention speedway by name, well, not that I could see, but I presume the stadium continuing as a sporting venue, gives speedway a fighting chance? :approve:

• Like 1

My email has now been submitted.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 6:27 PM, Ray Stadia said:

Submtted mine. Good luck. The proposal doesn't mention speedway by name, well, not that I could see, but I presume the stadium continuing as a sporting venue, gives speedway a fighting chance? :approve:

Not included in the planning proposal as it already has the required permission 

• Like 1