British Speedway Forum

Looks like there has been a major fire at the Brandon Stadium over Thursday night.

Looks like the arsonists have been busy at Brandon again.  Newest photos are shocking

6 minutes ago, MattB said:

Looks like the arsonists have been busy at Brandon again.  Newest photos are shocking

For a whole variety of reasons I`ve never been confident that speedway would or will ever return to Brandon, this is just another nail in the coffin.

• Like 1

Brandon Estates are hell bend on housing. 

They clearly get to see everything the Coventry Speedway group are planning, so what better to destroy the stadium revamp? Burn it down

I'm surprised that it didn't happen long ago :angry:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, *JJ said:

I'm surprised that it didn't happen long ago :angry:

Brandon Estates are being clever to be fair. They're allowing 'Save Coventry' to spend £1000's on plans etc, then purposely cause enough damage to increase 'Save Coventry's' costs. 

It costs Brandon Estates nothing to cause further damage as n' when. 

As horrible as it is, 'Save Coventry' have absolutely no chance of using Brandon. They should use all the finances they have to look for new land & start again

My brother told me about this last night, it looks much worse than I thought it was. I’m absolutely mortified that in this day and age companies can get away with it,  but that’s the way this country is these days . There’s zero real policing, this government don’t give a monkies about proper planning or what real people want. If you can afford it you can get away with anything these days.

It’s the destruction of my teens and early twenties, it is sacrilege.  :(

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have the same low opinion of Brandon Estates (Coventry stadium) and Galliard Homes (Wimbledon stadium) but would be banned from this site if I was to put that opinion in print. May the people who run both companies rot in hell is as far as I can go.

Edited by Chris116
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Brandon Estates are being clever to be fair. They're allowing 'Save Coventry' to spend £1000's on plans etc, then purposely cause enough damage to increase 'Save Coventry's' costs. 

It costs Brandon Estates nothing to cause further damage as n' when. 

As horrible as it is, 'Save Coventry' have absolutely no chance of using Brandon. They should use all the finances they have to look for new land & start again

Do you really think that new land hasn't been sought? A new site would have solved virtually all of Brandon Estates problems.

Horrendous, ‘unexplained fire’ and then the planning permission gets accepted. Such a shame and annoying how folk get away doing this. 

would love to put what i think of those folk, but id get banned too 

Sadly the most predictable of situations. Was only ever a matter of when rather than if.....

Will get all but no coverage at all - But if houses were built and a disgruntled speedway fan burnt them down it would make the nationals

My fear now is that with the number of intruders getting into Brandon (be it to take photos or trash it), how long before someone gets in there and ends up getting badly injured or even killed?

A glance at the newest photos tells you how unsafe parts of Brandon are now.

Brandon Estates and Rugby Council.  This is on you.  Sort it out

Always going to be burnt down. Usual tactic of untoward property developers. Leave site for years after failed planning permission. Site is left derelict or in state of repair then an arson attack and burnt down. Then demolished due to safety issues and then planning permission is amazingly awarded. Happens to a number of public houses in London and suburbia - guess Brandon is going a similar route. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2022 at 10:42 PM, Hackett said:

Always going to be burnt down. Usual tactic of untoward property developers. Leave site for years after failed planning permission. Site is left derelict or in state of repair then an arson attack and burnt down. Then demolished due to safety issues and then planning permission is amazingly awarded. Happens to a number of public houses in London and suburbia - guess Brandon is going a similar route. 

Exactly what happened to Cradley, albeit the local authority did NOT give planning permission but the developers appealed (which is yet another string to there bow) and won, there is nothing further that can be done you cant appeal against the appeal decision so there is usually only going to be one winner, and its mostly the one with deepest pockets.