Sheffield 

1 Danny King 

2 Kasper Andersen

3 Ty Proctor

4 Drew Kemp 

5 Kyle Howarth 

6 Broc Nicol 

7 Zaine Kennedy 

Afternoon sports fans , season starts properly tonight with the other Tigers up here for a cup tie . 

Unusually for a day when Sheffield are up , it's not raining . It's fair to say that despite being pre season favourites , the lesser Tigers from Yorkshire have slightly underperformed so far . But the pre season stuff is all but over and this it when it really matters . 

Looking for Mr Maximum to miss the gate a few times tonight again , so we can enjoy him pouncing on an opponent faster than Joe Lawler's finger on a hotel fire alarm button , but there are a few in the lesser Tiger's septets who won't make it easy for him . 

But an intriguing and hopefully exciting two meetings will be enjoyed by fans of both Tigers and may the best big cats win . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Glasgow Tigers 

1 Mr Maximum

2 Sarj

3 Rasmus 

4 Starky 

5 Claus 

6 Luke 

7 Kyle 

Sheffield 

1 Danny King 

2 Kasper Andersen

3 Ty Proctor

4 Drew Kemp 

5 Kyle Howarth 

6 Broc Nicol 

7 Zaine Kennedy 

Afternoon sports fans , season starts properly tonight with the other Tigers up here for a cup tie . 

Unusually for a day when Sheffield are up , it's not raining . It's fair to say that despite being pre season favourites , the lesser Tigers from Yorkshire have slightly underperformed so far . But the pre season stuff is all but over and this it when it really matters . 

Looking for Mr Maximum to miss the gate a few times tonight again , so we can enjoy him pouncing on an opponent faster than Joe Lawler's finger on a hotel fire alarm button , but there are a few in the lesser Tiger's septets who won't make it easy for him . 

But an intriguing and hopefully exciting two meetings will be enjoyed by fans of both Tigers and may the best big cats win . 

Who is the Luke at No6 for Glasgow?

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Who is the Luke at No6 for Glasgow?

I think its now Leon Flint

Aye I was being smart and just altering last weeks thread and i forgot to change Luke's name.  

Yes it is Leon Flint , speedway's wonderful rules allows us to strengthen in the period we try to sign a replacement . I would imagine young master Flint will be used as often as his Berwick commitments allow. 

i think you have 28 days to find A.N. OTHER rider to fill lukes suit  . ( skinny riders only )

a wee bit . tricky for Glasgow i fear . but its speedway , owt can appen .

56 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Aye I was being smart and just altering last weeks thread and i forgot to change Luke's name.  

Yes it is Leon Flint , speedway's wonderful rules allows us to strengthen in the period we try to sign a replacement . I would imagine young master Flint will be used as often as his Berwick commitments allow. 

Just couldn’t make up these rules ,and they wonder where the fans are disappearing too. Mickey Mouse Sport.

It's off 

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:22 PM, Fromafar said:

Just couldn’t make up these rules ,and they wonder where the fans are disappearing too. Mickey Mouse Sport.

So what would you propose. A 10 point man quits/withholds his services he can be replaced by a guest up to 10 points average. A 2 point man quits he can be replaced by a rider with the same average. In both cases the team is given 28 days to find a replacement. what is wrong with that rule.

1 minute ago, SharpenRake said:

So what would you propose. A 10 point man quits/withholds his services he can be replaced by a guest up to 10 points average. A 2 point man quits he can be replaced by a rider with the same average. In both cases the team is given 28 days to find a replacement. what is wrong with that rule.

I’m not proposing anything ,try asking your friends that no longer attend and get their opinion.There are plenty 2 pt men out there.Who wants to see guests every week.It only 1/2 a season these days and there are guests everywhere.I for one am totally fed up with the way the sport is going.A lot of Teams are suffering falling attendances.I don’t think things are going to improve.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

I’m not proposing anything ,try asking your friends that no longer attend and get their opinion.There are plenty 2 pt men out there.Who wants to see guests every week.It only 1/2 a season these days and there are guests everywhere.I for one am totally fed up with the way the sport is going.A lot of Teams are suffering falling attendances.I don’t think things are going to improve.

Getting a 2 pointer to travel this far North is as big a problem as getting one that is capable , this was probably the main reason Chessell decided to stand down.

The governing body made this mess with the points limit and it is the Clubs that need to bear the brunt of there decision. I have said this before but offering team places to 2 point novices based on there average as it fits as the only criteria is a ludicrous position for some clubs to be in.

• Like 4

Our league has been sacrificed to make the big league look better. In reality most of this years Premier teams would have been Championship teams last season. The legacy of that is a ridiculously low points limit and the return of 2 pointers. This was largely a disaster in previous years with the odd exception. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gazc said:

Getting a 2 pointer to travel this far North is as big a problem as getting one that is capable , this was probably the main reason Chessell decided to stand down.

The governing body made this mess with the points limit and it is the Clubs that need to bear the brunt of there decision. I have said this before but offering team places to 2 point novices based on there average as it fits as the only criteria is a ludicrous position for some clubs to be in.

Exactly my point,they haven’t a clue and still expect the fans just to turn up as usual,well it’s not happening:angry:

if its a 2 point rider or a 5/6 point rider , they still get expenses for travel . the  way you team was built to get craig in, you cannot expect anything other than a weak bottom end  ! and hope n pray the rest have a decent season . bring back lawlor .

have you got your guest booked for cookie while he is @ the nations ? 

Meeting rearranged for Tuesday May 28th with a 7-30pm start.

On 5/11/2019 at 5:24 PM, MD said:

Our league has been sacrificed to make the big league look better. In reality most of this years Premier teams would have been Championship teams last season. The legacy of that is a ridiculously low points limit and the return of 2 pointers. This was largely a disaster in previous years with the odd exception. 

I loved Ipswich racing in the lower league but it’s foolish to say that Premier teams are the same level as championship teams 

Ipswich largely expected to be cannon fodder this season have 3 championship number ones as heat leaders in Harris , Lawson and King. At reserve we have 2 championship heat leaders

The current Ipswich 1-7 would win easily against a championship side