British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Edinburgh v Scunthorpe KOC 2nd leg 11/5 @7pm

9 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

How on earth have we got from Jason Garrity no showing/being fined to Edinburgh always cancelling second halves? This place sometimes. :)

BSF at it’s finest.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Well I was expecting that from 1 of Noels house party's characters,,, but believe me I've been I the pits when this has happened the last twice I was there.. it's a case of if your face fits there no where near as welcoming as Berwick Redcar Newcastle etc... 

You seem to be keen to give the impression that Edinburgh will cancel second halves for no reason, if they are in a bad mood or maybe just to annoy you. This is not correct.

There were three NJL matches on the original fixture list this season none of which has taken place. These are:

19/4 Newcastle. The lighting had failed but much more importantly, a spectator had been taken seriously ill with an ambulance being called. The gentleman was in hospital for quite a while thereafter. Such an incident is usually accepted as a regrettable but valid reason for a postponement.

26/4 Ashfield. The whole meeting rained off.

3/5 Berwick. Match not programmed due to unavailability of riders.

You might also be referring to 14/9/2018 when there was an intended match v Berwick after the senior teams had met. And yes, Edinburgh ‘got beat.’ I can’t remember the exact details but I think the senior match started about an hour late in very wet conditions. Several of the senior riders were unhappy that their match went ahead. I’m sure that both the conditions and the Edinburgh curfew were relevant.

I realise this isn’t what the thread was meant to be about but there is so much ill-informed comment.

• Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 7:30 PM, Al Stewart said:

You seem to be keen to give the impression that Edinburgh will cancel second halves for no reason, if they are in a bad mood or maybe just to annoy you. This is not correct.

There were three NJL matches on the original fixture list this season none of which has taken place. These are:

19/4 Newcastle. The lighting had failed but much more importantly, a spectator had been taken seriously ill with an ambulance being called. The gentleman was in hospital for quite a while thereafter. Such an incident is usually accepted as a regrettable but valid reason for a postponement.

26/4 Ashfield. The whole meeting rained off.

3/5 Berwick. Match not programmed due to unavailability of riders.

You might also be referring to 14/9/2018 when there was an intended match v Berwick after the senior teams had met. And yes, Edinburgh ‘got beat.’ I can’t remember the exact details but I think the senior match started about an hour late in very wet conditions. Several of the senior riders were unhappy that their match went ahead. I’m sure that both the conditions and the Edinburgh curfew were relevant.

I realise this isn’t what the thread was meant to be about but there is so much ill-informed comment.

Sorry to hear of the gentleman taken ill,,, but 2 of my especially 1 of them points stretches back to the end of last season when Berwick was there granted the meeting was delayed but to be informed that the junior match was going ahead as planned at 20.00 then to be told that at 20.45ish after the riders had got changed and bikes warmed up that it was cancelled & not even a single apology from any 1 was very unprofessional.. I wish I took Richie worralls advice at the start of the meeting & just packed my son's stuff away as he said we wouldn't get on but to be promised them informed of the cancellation was a sickner to day the least,, by the way it was the dales v Workington meteors & just for the record I hope the gentleman who took bad has made a full recovery,,,