British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teaboy279

Stoke vs Kent.

Anyone local able to advise what the track is looking like, no further rain forecast before tapes up now.

Could be a very close meeting if stokes top 4 all fire. Probably the only track in the league Ledwith has seen as well.

Despite its dreary appearance I always look forward to my trips to Loomer rd, it has some strange romantic feel of my childhood about the place.

That is the big question. There has been a lot of rain in the last few days, an update will be much appreciated!

22 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

That is the big question. There has been a lot of rain in the last few days, an update will be much appreciated!

I am approx. 2 miles from the track. we had a light shower a couple of hours ago and now it is blue sky with a nice breeze and feels warm. forecast is good for tomorrow so cant see any problems. should be a good match and look forward to seeing joe Lawlor in action again. he reminds me of danny ayres with his no nonsense style. come on the potters do us proud.

• Like 1

Ben Morley guests for Kent at no1

Brave decision to run this meeting ,when the the final day of the premier league football season starts at the same time.

21 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Anyone local able to advise what the track is looking like, no further rain forecast before tapes up now.

Could be a very close meeting if stokes top 4 all fire. Probably the only track in the league Ledwith has seen as well.

Despite its dreary appearance I always look forward to my trips to Loomer rd, it has some strange romantic feel of my childhood about the place.

You should feel at home in the midst of a Trading Estate :o

Track there is superb now that "Terry the Track" is doing it.

Should be a good meeting. 

Good away win for Kent, hope Gilkes is okay. Is spooner our for a while? I can see this being a season of learning away from Kent for Ledwith. Does kemp miss many fixtures as a replacement on two occasions so far hasn’t really done what he’s capable of. Saying that he is struggling in the main body of the team at Sheffield. 

My first visit to Stoke for 4 seasons and I was somewhat impressed. Certainly the track was way, way, better than the dangerous dustbowl on my last visit. Bit greasy early on (particularly the 4th bend) and a bit dusty later, they can be forgiven for both given there is always a compromise between keeping punters happy and making sure less experienced riders stay on.  

The stadium has been tidied up a bit too, with the greyhound track now covered by grass. 

I'll be going back and would suggest that everyone who has given them up gives them another try.

Kent were deserved winners and with Gilkes would have won comfortably.   

• Like 1

Still a bit surprised that Ledwith is being run at 5. With Jenkins and Rowe who are consistent at most tracks and in the side i figure it would make mire sense to protect Rob at 3 or 4 until he is fully settled? That said solid win away with issues shows the strength of Kent and weaknesses of Stoke. 

• Like 1

Today was my first visit to Stoke for a few seasons, and I'm glad there weren't any serious dramas to ruin the meeting. The track was a bit tricky early on and the water bowser did break down for a while, but other than that it was quite well run. Kent had a fair bit of bad luck with quite a few fallers, but the impressive Jordan Jenkins clinched the win in the end.

12 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Still a bit surprised that Ledwith is being run at 5. With Jenkins and Rowe who are consistent at most tracks and in the side i figure it would make mire sense to protect Rob at 3 or 4 until he is fully settled? That said solid win away with issues shows the strength of Kent and weaknesses of Stoke. 

I also cannot understand Ledwith at 5. I thought it was just being tried for the challenge against Lakeside. He's not a heat leader yet. As you and others have said with the full team it would have been a much bigger win.

2 minutes ago, Old Crusader said:

I also cannot understand Ledwith at 5. I thought it was just being tried for the challenge against Lakeside. He's not a heat leader yet. As you and others have said with the full team it would have been a much bigger win.

it's expectation ,he was, therefore he is !! ,  I would say expectation has put paid to quite a few people who have returned after a long break ,and until Team managers  start looking at riders with a realistic view , and this IMO  includes the new kids and people who have been around for years and are still no good , this will continue to happen ,  From what I have read on here ,Stoke promotion  have made massive strides with the track and the stadium over the winter , what a shame then  then all that hard work is going to be let down by yet another team that largely picked itself .

The place has definitely made strides in the right direction. The surface bumps and waves seem to have gone, and riders had racing lines most notably turn 2 out wide for the brave. 

The running was slick, the announcements and music were clear, and by stoke standards a decent crowd in lovely sunshine.

People who have stayed away because of the poor reputation of race day experience, really should give it another go. The place imo is heading in the right direction.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

The place has definitely made strides in the right direction. The surface bumps and waves seem to have gone, and riders had racing lines most notably turn 2 out wide for the brave. 

The running was slick, the announcements and music were clear, and by stoke standards a decent crowd in lovely sunshine.

People who have stayed away because of the poor reputation of race day experience, really should give it another go. The place imo is heading in the right direction.

got to agree with that teaboy. glad you enjoyed the experience. lets hope we can get a few more back on raceday and maybe even win a match or two. up the potters.

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:51 PM, Halifaxtiger said:

My first visit to Stoke for 4 seasons and I was somewhat impressed. Certainly the track was way, way, better than the dangerous dustbowl on my last visit. Bit greasy early on (particularly the 4th bend) and a bit dusty later, they can be forgiven for both given there is always a compromise between keeping punters happy and making sure less experienced riders stay on.  

The stadium has been tidied up a bit too, with the greyhound track now covered by grass. 

I'll be going back and would suggest that everyone who has given them up gives them another try.

Kent were deserved winners and with Gilkes would have won comfortably.   

glad you enjoyed the day. to be fair stoke also had a bit of misfortune also. ie Lawlor ef first time out, the reserves completely mucking up heat 2. 2 falls for Rutherford while in point scoring positions. but fair play kent took a well deserved win in the end. don't think we will win many until we get the reserves scoring a few more points.