British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Peterborough Vs Ipswich 13th May

Say what you want about Ged but he cared about Peterborough speedway and I miss his Passion..he never hid. we now have faceless owners who don't care and we don't hear a word from them.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Say what you want about Ged but he cared about Peterborough speedway and I miss his Passion..he never hid. we now have faceless owners who don't care and we don't hear a word from them.

Sold his top rider a few times. Its ok as long as he admitted it ? :blink:

26 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

He's trying for the sake of to speedway in the UK. If he fails you can have someone else give it a go. Ged who sold a rider to Poland for ££. Not thinking of the fans or the other 6 riders Seems that most have forgotten that one. I hope Buster does sell, because Lynn are suffering for it..

All Panthers fans want Chapman to sell the club we don't want him at Peterborough full stop. As for Lynn suffering through Chapman buying Peterborough well that's not the fault of Panthers  fans I suggest you have a word with Chapman and point out you views to him , i'm  sure you'll get a polite answer.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

So you would of been happy if Cook was in the team. All he had to do was to do what the other 20 riders did. You can't make exceptions for 1 man out of 21.

You must agree ??

You are not understanding my comment. Cook or no Cook, the team should never have been 3 points under the limit on May 1st ...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

All Panthers fans want Chapman to sell the club we don't want him at Peterborough full stop. As for Lynn suffering through Chapman buying Peterborough well that's not the fault of Panthers  fans I suggest you have a word with Chapman and point out you views to him , i'm  sure you'll get a polite answer.

I hope he does sell  and takes his 90 tonnes of shale and new equipment with him.. See how they get on. Ippo seem ok ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

The Panthers septet is a disgrace, losing at home to what looked like the worst team to ever be in the top flight when it was announced. With the possible exception of the Cheetahs septet that destroyed racing at Cowley. I feel for the fans. Their may as well be 4 leagues.

Wolves, Aces, Robins & Scoundrels.

Busters middle muckers. 

Championship.

National.

20 minutes ago, BlackPanther said:

I hope Buster sells. I don't care if we have to run in the NL to survive. Get that w**ker as far away from the Showground as possible. That w**ker has slapped everyone in the face.

W**ker to Kenneth Bjerre 'You're no longer a Heat Leader in the UK'

W**ker telling lies to the Peterborough fans about the Chris Harris situation

W**ker taking the p*ss when trying to find a replacement for Cook. Even f**king Ed Kennett turned down the p*ss poor contract offered to him.

W**ker signs Aaron Summers on a permanent basis whilst running a team 3 points under the limit. 

Whilst you might have valid points, they would be more impressive without the bad language.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A lot of rival fans wrote us off at the start of the season as wooden spoon winners, but Ipswich have a solid team and will surprise a few more teams yet this season. Undefeated at home, travelling away from home we should have won a couple more and definitely the best reserves in the league, shame Ritchie doesn’t know how to utilise them better. The four points should’ve been wrapped up long before heat 15 but he hasn’t a clue.

Feel for the Peterborough fans as the track is now a one line follow the leader. Yes it’s fast but no outside line, a bit like Kings Lynn.

• Like 1

Surely a rider of the calibre of Niels Kristian Iversen wouldn't of ridden for the years that he did for Kings Lynn if Busters pay rates are as poor as been suggested on here?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hans fan said:

I agree that buster was right what he done with cook and the reason  Harris went to Ipswich can't agree with what rider he replaced cook with tho . If he can  afford to take a big financial hit persevering with panthers current 7 he must have big pockets 1 more meeting like tonight crowds will be 500 

But if the other two clubs are getting around 3000 or so between them I would imagine he wouldn't be too unhappy...

With three clubs to run, circa 3600 each week in total at all three would be around 'average' for British Speedway I would think..

If two of the three are 'successful' in so much that they are play off possibilities then that would probably offset the worst one, and with only seven teams at least two of them shouldn't ever be too far away from the top four to render the season over too soon..

And of course plenty of local derbies, whereby even if just one of three teams are in play off contention, their home crowds will be reasonable and they may go away in greater numbers to their local rivals than they would if riding against a team further afield..

Running all three as a collective makes perfect sense...

Within that there will be winners and losers..

I suppose which side of that situation you are on will go a long way to determine what you think of him..

Edited by mikebv

6 hours ago, Col said:

The Panthers septet is a disgrace, losing at home to what looked like the worst team to ever be in the top flight when it was announced. With the possible exception of the Cheetahs septet that destroyed racing at Cowley. I feel for the fans. Their may as well be 4 leagues.

Wolves, Aces, Robins & Scoundrels.

Busters middle muckers. 

Championship.

National.

You’re being incredibly insulting to Ipswich here. Were the panthers septet a “disgrace” in their previous three unbeaten home meetings, including victories over your fancied teams, Wolves and Poole?

Astonishing to see the lack of credit to a fantastic away performance that’s bettered ANY of the four teams that’s previously visited the Showground this season. 

Just because you were one of a few on here who was banging the “worst Premiership team ever” and “cannon fodder” drum along with Steve O and Acef, which is now making you all look pretty daft regardless of what happens here on in, doesn’t mean you can’t show a little humility and admit you may have been wrong. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

You’re being incredibly insulting to Ipswich here. Were the panthers septet a “disgrace” in their previous three unbeaten home meetings, including victories over your fancied teams, Wolves and Poole?

Astonishing to see the lack of credit to a fantastic away performance that’s bettered ANY of the four teams that’s previously visited the Showground this season. 

Just because you were one of a few on here who was banging the “worst Premiership team ever” and “cannon fodder” drum along with Steve O and Acef, which is now making you all look pretty daft regardless of what happens here on in, doesn’t mean you can’t show a little humility and admit you may have been wrong. 

I seriously doubt any team run by Chapman will make the playoffs, if they do it is only down to the misfortune of others.  It makes the entire league is a farce.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Steve Irving said:

Panthers are poor .lynn are next poor followed by Ipswich

Blimey, there's a lot of negativity amongst Panthers fans! 

Isn't it the same team that nearly won at Swindon last week? 

Panic, panic panic. 

Building emotion against Chapman won't help either, jeez one home defeat against a team with the best reserves in the league and who were due this result is no shame. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

I hope Buster sells. I don't care if we have to run in the NL to survive.

Careful with that one. NL, strung out follow the leader at the EoES (I say at the big pacey EoES and not NL generally) would only get a few hundred in if you're lucky so would be the final nail IMO.

• Like 1