British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Peterborough Vs Ipswich 13th May

22 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Anyone who thought that had not seen Allen at the EoES. A rider I would have liked to have seen here and one who knocks spots off our two, as was shown. When he did run a last behind Summers the damage was well done by then. If beating that Panthers side is impressive then let's hope that you don't come up against any decent teams.

I understand your frustration that your side isnt very good but how you cant say Ipswich wasnt impressive is just sour grapes

We were widely tipped to to be bottom and are top and we are top and deservedly so.......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

On this year's aves only ...

Bellego is 6th 

Harris is 7th

:wink:

Thats the good news about our side is that if Jake and Cam move to 2 and 4 we will still have 2 of King , KP, Harris and Bellego at reserve who should be able to do what Heeps and Allen have done....

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Thats the good news about our side is that if Jake and Cam move to 2 and 4 we will still have 2 of King , KP, Harris and Bellego at reserve who should be able to do what Heeps and Allen have done....

Wonder if Harris and King would get extra rides when they riding well? :wink:

2 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Looking at official averages Harris ave has gone up and all the top 5 have averages over 6, whilst both reserves still under 5. Looks like both will stay at reserve for quite a while yet.

The rolling averages do teams good or bad depends how you look at it. Riders like Harris and Lasse have been pretty poor yet both have Averages that have gone up! 

14 hours ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Time to go for the Panthers ownership.

We need Ged back!

Oh dear JCF...never mind

3 hours ago, hans fan said:

Panthers are poor .lynn are next poor followed by Ipswich

So you must think Poole re poor as well then, cos Ippo nearly beat them away as well 

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Only injuries can scupper a side and the only team really missing a rider is Swindon with Doyle and they won the only match he was missing in.

Wolves have been missing Nick Morris all season, and they're doing OK, I would say.

As for the Panthers people moaning about the signing of Spud, from where I am he has never let you down and is one of Peterborough's successes riding at reserve.     Look elsewhere for your whipping boys.

25 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I understand your frustration that your side isnt very good but how you cant say Ipswich wasnt impressive is just sour grapes

We were widely tipped to to be bottom and are top and we are top and deservedly so.......

Well if you can't see how confused that sentence is then we're not going to get anywhere. You're not someone that I'd wish to liaise with either so we'll call it quits here. Suffice to finish though. If I expect my team to win and they get turned over then fair play, that's impressive. I'll still gripe the same but without the grapes. When I turn up just wondering if one of my team will win a race against a competent side with several riders perfectly at home at the EoES then that result was coming and inevitable. Excuse me for not appreciating the impressive nature of it.

Edited by Crump99

1 minute ago, Uluru said:

Wolves have been missing Nick Morris all season, and they're doing OK, I would say.

As for the Panthers people moaning about the signing of Spud, from where I am he has never let you down and is one of Peterborough's successes riding at reserve.     Look elsewhere for your whipping boys.

Not sure anyone has knocked Spud, the problem is he was replacing a number one which left Boro 3 pts under the limit. He has done well and his place in the side is not under any threat. After 8 meetings Bjerre and Barker have only had 3 race wins between them, that tells you where the problem is ....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NickH114 said:

Surely a rider of the calibre of Niels Kristian Iversen wouldn't of ridden for the years that he did for Kings Lynn if Busters pay rates are as poor as been suggested on here?

True. And Robert Lambert isn't on £10 and a packet of nuts a point either;)

54 minutes ago, Uluru said:

Wolves have a replacement for Morris who is probably in my opinion doing as well as Morris would have done

47 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Well if you can't see how confused that sentence is then we're not going to get anywhere. You're not someone that I'd wish to liaise with either so we'll call it quits here. Suffice to finish though. If I expect my team to win and they get turned over then fair play, that's impressive. I'll still gripe the same but without the grapes. When I turn up just wondering if one of my team will win a race against a competent side with several riders perfectly at home at the EoES then that result was coming and inevitable. Excuse me for not appreciating the impressive nature of it.

So if a side that was expected to do well like Poole or Swindon win by 2-3 then surely if Ipswich , who many said would be cannon fodder, come and win very easily by 12 you cant see that as impressive......maybe if a team win by 20+?

First of all, congratulations to Ipswich, their riders were clearly up for it and rode the track well. Not their fault Panthers are in the state they are in.

In my opinion we have been fortunate in our previous home meetings having not won by more than 2 points, drew and lost one.

I am afraid last night will be the first of many similar results, the riders looked beaten from the off, the body language from some was not good. At least 3 riders are underperforming, bike troubles and riding in a position they shouldn't be within the team. Unfortunately I can't see this changing and only the die hards will be left ... Sad!!

Typical buster track thinking fast times is the B all, who really gives a stuff about track records, thinking the track must be good if the track record is broken, not giving any thoughts to entertainment and that's what any sport is about ENTERTAINMENT.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Warriors said:

Typical buster track thinking fast times is the B all, who really gives a stuff about track records, thinking the track must be good if the track record is broken, not giving any thoughts to entertainment and that's what any sport is about ENTERTAINMENT.

Agree with this. A worrying stat is that the track record has been broken 3 times this season and always by an away rider. Sums it up !!

• Sad 1