British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Peterborough Vs Ipswich 13th May

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Which two did you see?

Last night and swindon

What people think is good or bad racing is all down to opinion,,, what they have seen before and where they normally see it.

I dont think Ipswich will ever be winning any awards for most entertaining track.

There are some that think last nights meeting and even the bank Holiday were brilliant and had fantastic racing.    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Baldyman said:

What people think is good or bad racing is all down to opinion,,, what they have seen before and where they normally see it.

I dont think Ipswich will ever be winning any awards for most entertaining track.

There are some that think last nights meeting and even the bank Holiday were brilliant and had fantastic racing.    

I doubt anyone would go that far Baldy. IMO they were probably the least entertaining of our home meetings so far, but they weren’t terrible. 

Mind you I thought the Swindon meeting was pretty good, which Shrub attended and thought was poor so like you say, everyone is going to have different opinions. 

Neither of the two away meetings I’ve attended this year have been better than anything I’ve seen at Foxhall. And I have to say, that goes for the majority of last year in the Championship too. 

In no way do I think that racing in general was better 'back in the good old days' but I do think some tracks have suffered due to the nature of the modern bikes and Ipswich is one of them. Despite the commendable efforts to improve the track to me the racing is no better. Like Baldy said we would never have won any awards for most entertaining track but we are much further down the list than we once were.

Does anyone know if the meetings are filmed this season.

Guest Loose Diamond
On 5/12/2019 at 1:28 PM, Baldyman said:

Sweating on the fitness of Lasse?  Ha ha what rubbish,,,, much stronger with r r since he is now third in the averages.  

Unless they are sweating on him declaring himself fit,, which is what they don't want. 

We've got him now! He is not very good either. Not a patch on his brother.

Not much use unless it's a  big round track, and has never got any better from when he first arrived in this country