British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JCookie

Where are they now?

Anyone fancy contributing to a thread about ex speedway riders and where they are now?

The Danish Jan Andersen just popped into my head and I wonder what he's up to now, same as Jimmy Nielsen.

9 hours ago, JCookie said:

Anyone fancy contributing to a thread about ex speedway riders and where they are now?

The Danish Jan Andersen just popped into my head and I wonder what he's up to now, same as Jimmy Nielsen.

Jan and his family live in New Zealand.

8 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Jimmy nilsen went to live in America I believe 

Would make for an interesting interview in the 'Backtrack' magazine. Remember his first season at Swindon and subsequent appearances for 'The Cheetahs' on two seperate occasions. Should have achieved more on the international stage in my opinion but seemed happy and dependable at club level.

2 hours ago, steve roberts said:

Would make for an interesting interview in the 'Backtrack' magazine. Remember his first season at Swindon and subsequent appearances for 'The Cheetahs' on two seperate occasions. Should have achieved more on the international stage in my opinion but seemed happy and dependable at club level.

I once wrote to Speedway Star , suggesting that  ,"Where are they now " . Might fill column inches  when there was little else in the winter .  Of course it fell on deaf ears , and the column inches were filled with adverts for goods and services  , that  people who were already well aware of , How many times do you need to see Speedway services Jawa and and GM agent or Cov Comp  before you know where to go for spares .

• Like 1

there's an excellent feature on this if you join speedway friends on fb - regular features

7 hours ago, ch958 said:

there's an excellent feature on this if you join speedway friends on fb - regular features

Dumoped speedway friends years ago . along with hundreds of others , Karl Fiala is a   pathetic joke  threateining anyobody who says anything he doesn't like and banning people ,

On 5/13/2019 at 9:20 AM, adonis said:

I once wrote to Speedway Star , suggesting that  ,"Where are they now " . Might fill column inches  when there was little else in the winter .  Of course it fell on deaf ears , and the column inches were filled with adverts for goods and services  , that  people who were already well aware of , How many times do you need to see Speedway services Jawa and and GM agent or Cov Comp  before you know where to go for spares .

Winter issues usually feature 3 or 4 pages of a look back to a team from a certain year and that includes info on the riders and what they did after/now.

On 5/13/2019 at 9:20 AM, adonis said:

Presumably they are paying for these adverts so  are all helping to keep the magazine going. 

18 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Presumably they are paying for these adverts so  are all helping to keep the magazine going. 

you are paying for a magazine ,not a trade directory

24 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Winter issues usually feature 3 or 4 pages of a look back to a team from a certain year and that includes info on the riders and what they did after/now.

wouldn't know ,haven't bought the star  for years ,  anything in there  I would already have read on the net days before

Try finding a magazine without adverts.

• Like 2

Martin Ashby still has motorcycle repair business in his home town of Marlborough.

• Like 1