British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves v kings Lynn Premiership 13/5

Wolves host Kings Lynn on Monday in Premiership action. Will be great to see Nations heroes Robert Lambert and Luke Becker to Monmore.

interesting note that “Scott Nicholls retains his place ...... with Jacob Thorssell not ready to return to UK racing.....” Either Jacob has been released with Nicholls taking his place, or he could be deemed ‘withholding his services’ if the facility is still granted as temporary replacement. Personally it would be nice for clarity over this ruling of ‘temporary replacement’.

Anyhow, that’s the politics.

Wolves

1. Masters, 2. Howarth, 3. Nicholls, 4. RR Morris, 5. Schlein, 6. Ash Morris, 7. Becker.

Lynn.

1. Lambert, 2. Kerr, 3. Proctor, 4. Riss, 5. Jorgensen, 6. MP Toft, 7. Andersen.

Lambert is superb value at Monmore whilst Proctor knows Monmore as well as anyone. Riss too has had some brilliant rides at the Green.

It should be a home win but Wolves have not won any matches comfortably at home yet so I’ll plump for 49-41.

thoughts?  

I hadn’t even realised this was happening tomorrow. :oops:

Difficult to say really, would like to think we could get a point but has rarely been a happy hunting ground for us in the past. 

Can't Nicholls replace Morris. Surely a better option than Thorsell replacing Nicholl's especially at home.

Can't see Stars getting any league points at Wolves. 55 38 home win.

15 hours ago, Eduds1 said:

Can't Nicholls replace Morris. Surely a better option than Thorsell replacing Nicholl's especially at home.

Yes he can, Nicholls is slightly below Morris on official averages at the moment. However the way he is going so far that figure could rise above Morris 6.60 averages and the chance to use that option has gone. 

17 hours ago, mrss said:

Can't see Stars getting any league points at Wolves. 55 38 home win.

Your not far out, 52 38 i'll go :wink:

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Yes he can, Nicholls is slightly below Morris on official averages at the moment. However the way he is going so far that figure could rise above Morris 6.60 averages and the chance to use that option has gone. 

I think they need to make this change as soon as, before it's too late (as they have failed to make changes in the past  and paid the price). You always get 100% from Scott but I don't think you do with Morris. 

17 minutes ago, Eduds1 said:

I think they need to make this change as soon as, before it's too late (as they have failed to make changes in the past  and paid the price). You always get 100% from Scott but I don't think you do with Morris. 

I think the riders with Polish commitments don’t give their all times in GB,cash I mind no doubt.

1 hour ago, Eduds1 said:

We have no form guide from Morris due to not riding this year yet but you have to believe he is a much more attractive average on 6.60 than Scott. Morris has been a great servant of British speedway and hasn’t gone chasing the big bucks abroad so I think it’s a little unfair to say he doesn’t give 100%, that said something clearly wasn’t right in 2018 and looked very tentative on a very dodgy Swindon track so whether there is more to it than just the injury leaves me a little suspicious. 

Jacob not wanting to come back (for now, or this year?) means that we need to act sooner rather than later imho.

5 hours ago, stevebrum said:

The team is currently 1.03 under the 42.5 limit so it's not really an issue at the moment as Jacobs average is only about 0.65 above Nick and Scott. Can only see our overall average dropping slightly for the next revised averages effective from 1st June as we have 1 home meeting followed by 2 away before the cut off of 23rd May. Maybe we are playing a waiting game to see what is possible come the end of the month when both Nick and Jacob should be available. Ashley needs to pull his socks up as there may be room to do something there. Could possibly replace him with a 4 pointer aswell as bringing Jacob in for Scott maybe.

Don't think they will let Nick go, they were desperate to sign him, and he's on a bargain average, as is Jacob.

As for tonight, I'll go 50 - 40 to the Wolves

• Like 1

Lynn doing ok so far when you see Lambo, Riss and TJ scoring 2 points between them after 2 rides each. If they get going, it could be a close one.

Edit.. Didn't happen. Lynn could of at least got a point.. 10 points from Lambo, Riss and TJ..:blink:

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Lynn doing ok so far when you see Lambo, Riss and TJ scoring 2 points between them after 2 rides each. If they get going, it could be a close one.

Edit.. Didn't happen. Lynn could of at least got a point.. 10 points from Lambo, Riss and TJ..:blink:

And Becker could have got double figures again. Certain riders let Lynn down tonight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Listening to the commentary Lambert and Riss didn't get out of the gate once tonight.If they had managed just a couple of times each it may had been a different story.On the plus side it's nice to see Andersen do ok again.Hope he's ok after his little spill after a good tussle with Howarth.

Stars just cannot all shine together, hopefully they will soon ..... They're a good team if they all ride to their capabilities ....