British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves v kings Lynn Premiership 13/5

10 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Listening to the commentary Lambert and Riss didn't get out of the gate once tonight.If they had managed just a couple of times each it may had been a different story.On the plus side it's nice to see Andersen do ok again.Hope he's ok after his little spill after a good tussle with Howarth.

But you expect a rider like Robert to battle and pass riders. I know it's a tricky track. But where was the Lambo from the SON.

As you say, on the plus side it was good to see Kasper in the points.He seems to have a prob at Lynn. Why I don't know. Ty was better, maybe it's something to do with his bikes, cause you don't need big power at Monmore. Who knows :)

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

But you expect a rider like Robert to battle and pass riders. I know it's a tricky track. But where was the Lambo from the SON.

As you say, on the plus side it was good to see Kasper in the points.He seems to have a prob at Lynn. Why I don't know. Ty was better, maybe it's something to do with his bikes, cause you don't need big power at Monmore. Who knows :)

To be fair the track was not at it's best and a lot of it was gate and go. In the first half the Stars were gating and in the second half Wolves were, to get the win. Final score was perhaps flattering to Wolves. Shouldn't worry about Lambert, he's a great rider that I enjoy watching. It just didn't happen for him tonight including bike problems in heat 1. He's done better than this at Monmore in the past.

• Like 2

One of the worst meetings I've seen at monmore unfortunately

8 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

There can be no excuses,   when a SGP rider only scores  5 and don't win a race,   one has to question his application.    When you're a one man team, then this man has to perform.....

Well done  Rory for giving 100% every single race...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Beowulf said:

To be fair the track was not at it's best and a lot of it was gate and go. In the first half the Stars were gating and in the second half Wolves were, to get the win. Final score was perhaps flattering to Wolves. Shouldn't worry about Lambert, he's a great rider that I enjoy watching. It just didn't happen for him tonight including bike problems in heat 1. He's done better than this at Monmore in the past.

The thing is, I think Lambert is riding equipment 'on the cheap' in the Premiership.

What we watched in the SON and his scoring in the Premiership just doesn't add up. 

We'll see this weekend if he's on the pace with Woffinden and Zmarzlik in the GP, if so, King's Lynn surely have to ask questions. 

22 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The thing is, I think Lambert is riding equipment 'on the cheap' in the Premiership.

What we watched in the SON and his scoring in the Premiership just doesn't add up. 

We'll see this weekend if he's on the pace with Woffinden and Zmarzlik in the GP, if so, King's Lynn surely have to ask questions. 

Nope, don't buy that. He is well set up but is not yet a consistent starter. Been poor several times this season so far, nothing to do with equipment. He will come good. 

26 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

What makes you think he'll be riding in the Warsaw GP?  Is it confirmed that Janowski or Doyle (or another rider) isn't riding?

Wolves is a tough place to go and they have a good side this year so 39 points isn’t the end of the world but when your bottom three score that well it’s disappointing not to come away with something. Lambert not making consistent starts in any league this year at the moment compared to last year hence his scores, needs to get it sorted ASAP. Hope the team can bounce back on Thursday. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Col said:

What makes you think he'll be riding in the Warsaw GP?  Is it confirmed that Janowski or Doyle (or another rider) isn't riding?

He is in for hancock 

• Like 1

Dont worry. The real Lambert will show up on Thursday at NSS

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Why do they need to ask questions?As Bagpuss said he isn't making the starts consistently in any league this season.What i've seen of him this season he is his usual self and always full of effort even when missing the gate.Can't believe how fickle fans can be,especially ones that don't watch the effort being put in and go solely on scores that said riders have amounted. 

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

There can be no excuses,   when a SGP rider only scores  5 and don't win a race,   one has to question his application.    When you're a one man team, then this man has to perform.....

Well done  Rory for giving 100% every single race...

You make him out to be an established rider in the SGP,he's still a youngster who is bound to be inconsistent.Listening to the radio commentary Lambert too gave a 100% in his races busting a gut to overtake.It was a night where he failed to gate,and as a couple of Wolves fans have said a lot of it was gate and go,and one of the worst meetings Bruno had seen at Monmore unfortunately.That's how it goes and many SGP riders have done the same no doubt in the past.

• Like 1

Mate I think you know by now that you need to take contributions from these two posters with a pinch of salt. I’m still laughing at the idea that those who score well give 100% and those who score poorly don’t :D if only speedway was that simple. 

• Like 3

Where have I said Lambert is giving no effort :blink:

I just believe he's using old equipment IN the Premiership and I wouldn't blame him.

Riding Ekstraliga, Elitserien and the expense in being prepared for the SGP, I find it a little delusional that he'd have his best gear in England. 

Robert Lambert is riding on the cheap in the UK, I have no doubt about it. 

Doesn't mean though he's making no effort in his races, nobody has even suggested it at all. 

Lambert didn't make gates on Saturday but swept round the others which you can do at Belle Vue but not at Wolverhampton  I think gating  is his problem  

• Like 3