British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebrum

Wolves v kings Lynn Premiership 13/5

Not you, Mr Webb. It was forum bingo with him fawning over Rory and criticising Robert. People who were there have said it was a tough track to pass on so it’s not rocket science why their scores were so different and it’s nothing to do with effort or commitment. 

I can’t believe a young rider with the world at his feet with so much to race for and achieve this season would scrimp on kit anywhere. Too easy to blame machinery, he’s not quite on it yet especially his gating and his scores reflect that. If it were his bikes it’s more likely to be a change to try and go faster which isn’t working. 

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not you, Mr Webb. It was forum bingo with him fawning over Rory and criticising Robert. People who were there have said it was a tough track to pass on so it’s not rocket science why their scores were so different and it’s nothing to do with effort or commitment. 

I can’t believe a young rider with the world at his feet with so much to race for and achieve this season would scrimp on kit anywhere. Too easy to blame machinery, he’s not quite on it yet especially his gating and his scores reflect that. If it were his bikes it’s more likely to be a change to try and go faster which isn’t working. 

Robert Lambert is a business. He has to speculate to accumulate. He has to have a financial agenda for this and future seasons. 

He spending priority has an order and I could guarantee UK Speedway is bottom. 

1. Ekstraliga 

2. SGP / SON / Euro Championship 

3. Elitserien

4. British Speedway 

I have no doubt at all his UK equipment has taken a back seat with his eyes firmly on the prize of being able to drop UK totally like Woffinden. 

• Like 2

I expect he will drop the UK one day as speedway over here is only going one way. But I don’t see what good poor scores over here in slow bikes would do him, success breeds success. If he was scoring big in Sweden and Poland I’d agree with you perhaps but he ain’t....no doubt he’ll get it together soon. Going to be a massive learning curve on Saturday night especially if he carries on with the sluggish starts. 

Edited by Bagpuss

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Robert Lambert is a business. He has to speculate to accumulate. He has to have a financial agenda for this and future seasons. 

He spending priority has an order and I could guarantee UK Speedway is bottom. 

1. Ekstraliga 

2. SGP / SON / Euro Championship 

3. Elitserien

4. British Speedway 

I have no doubt at all his UK equipment has taken a back seat with his eyes firmly on the prize of being able to drop UK totally like Woffinden. 

I think you are wrong, why should a rider use sub standard equipment and score less to make less money it makes no sense. His gating has never been his best asset so a poor score at Wolverhampton is of little relevance. If he scores poorly in his next meeting at Kings Lynn your argument would hold a little more water.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

Lambert didn't make gates on Saturday but swept round the others which you can do at Belle Vue but not at Wolverhampton  I think gating  is his problem  

Wolverhampton is known for having passing lines so not strictly true, although last night has been described by some as having not much passing.

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think you are wrong, why should a rider use sub standard equipment and score less to make less money it makes no sense. His gating has never been his best asset so a poor score at Wolverhampton is of little relevance. If he scores poorly in his next meeting at Kings Lynn your argument would hold a little more water.

Again, never said his equipment is substandard as such, just the same as last year as it went so well. He's saved money by cutting investment in UK Speedway. Why wouldn't or shouldn't he? To be a No1 in the UK you don't require anywhere near the investment you need for the likes of Poland, Sweden and the SGP's. 

People are extremely delusional if you think top rider's spend big bucks in the UK. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Jacob not wanting to come back (for now, or this year?) means that we need to act sooner rather than later imho.

Funny how he has gone from being so desperate to return he supposedly concealed his injury... to now not wanting to return.

Spin Spin Spin.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Again, never said his equipment is substandard as such, just the same as last year as it went so well. He's saved money by cutting investment in UK Speedway. Why wouldn't or shouldn't he? To be a No1 in the UK you don't require anywhere near the investment you need for the likes of Poland, Sweden and the SGP's. 

People are extremely delusional if you think top rider's spend big bucks in the UK. 

I don't consider myself extremely delusional but I do disagree with your points. 

Spending money on equipment does not equate to success. Ask Mr Cook how it worked out for him. 

A fast bike is not one that has simply had pots of money spent on it. A winning rider is not necessarily and maybe rarely the one who had spent the most. 

7 hours ago, bruno said:

One of the worst meetings I've seen at monmore unfortunately

Same thoughts here.

The good news is that even with an interval the meeting finished at 21:12 .

Thumbs up to all concerned with achieving this. 

If Robert Lambert was riding substandard equipment to save costs in the UK, surely that is false economy?  He needs to score points to earn money.  So how would that be of benefit to him not investing in his gear for the UK ?

Have a word with yaselfs guys 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, semion said:

If Robert Lambert was riding substandard equipment to save costs in the UK, surely that is false economy?  He needs to score points to earn money.  So how would that be of benefit to him not investing in his gear for the UK ?

Have a word with yaselfs guys 

Depends on his pay structure for 2019.

He's more popular and sort after with each season and a certain No1 in the UK right now. 

If his points wage demand is up by a 3rd he can earn almost the same as last year on a just over 7 average. Thus meaning, use last year's equipment and he'll end 2019 with a bigger profit margin than 2018.

It's just standard business. 

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Had a long chat with Roberts mechanic at Belle Vue, very open to talk, said that Lambert is so stiff on the bike & nothing flowing, said nothing wrong with equipment, but he will just not listen to people around him!

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I very much doubt he is using the same equipment as last year but you have a point that he probably doesn't need to spend big bucks to beat most riders in this league, i expect most top riders keep their best bikes for the gp series but this was about his performance at Monmore. 

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

As per usual you are only reading into comment of what you want to read.   The truth being  I never mentioned anything about his equipment .  the only word I used was  'application'.,  and you don't need to be a magician to understand that.     Monmore has always favoured the gater,  and I sure all the riders, including Lambert,  knows that as well.   To score reasonable points It is imperative to get out that gate.    When a club has  only  one renown heat leader  it is expected he will lead the way,  so  in that instance  he let the club and the fans down...

Rory on the other hand knew how important it was to gate well and subsequently scored 16 points...       You're right it's not rocket science,   its application....   

5 points  is not good enough....

9 minutes ago, g13webb said:

As per usual you are only reading into comment of what you want to read.   The truth being  I never mentioned anything about his equipment .  the only word I used was  'application'.,  and you don't need to be a magician to understand that.     Monmore has always favoured the gater,  and I sure all the riders, including Lambert,  knows that as well.   To score reasonable points It is imperative to get out that gate.    When a club has  only  one renown heat leader  it is expected he will lead the way,  so  in that instance  he let the club and the fans down...

Rory on the other hand knew how important it was to gate well and subsequently scored 16 points...       You're right it's not rocket science,   its application....   

5 points  is not good enough....

Wolves as Favoured the gater, nope, watched speedway at Wolves from 1968, far from a trap & go in general!

• Like 2