British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gambo

Leicester Cubs v Mildenhall

Congratulations to the Thomson Twins on their professional debut in Sunday's KO Cup win over Mildenhall.

Holding their own against the opposition Reserves and taking points off more experienced riders.

Quite a baptism of fire as they were forced to take extra rides due to the unfortunate heat two crash involving Jamie Halder and David Wallinger who were both forced to withdraw from the meeting.

I hope that Halder and Wallinger are not out of action for too long.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2019 at 7:25 PM, Gambo said:

Congratulations to the Thomson Twins on their professional debut in Sunday's KO Cup win over Mildenhall.

Holding their own against the opposition Reserves and taking points off more experienced riders.

Quite a baptism of fire as they were forced to take extra rides due to the unfortunate heat two crash involving Jamie Halder and David Wallinger who were both forced to withdraw from the meeting.

I hope that Halder and Wallinger are not out of action for too long.

Totally agree. A very professional start. No last places and beating not only the reserves but passing and beating more experienced riders. If only I could tell them apart!!

The Thompsons were sensibly fast, if there is such a thing. What I mean is that they weren't silly fast but they both showed determination from the gate and they both attacked the corners. Impressive indeed. But let us not forget the rest of the team, not least of which was Ellis Perks scoring a 15 point maximum. 12 race winners and 9 heat advantages also tell their own story. And the number of last places is even more telling. A good start to the season and hopefully one that mirrors the senior team's solid start. As a Leicester fan, the future looks bright

Pity, I'm from Coventry.

• Like 1