British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Somerset 17.5.19 League

Fair play to Somerset, caught us weakened but fully deserved the win.

Worst refereeing performance i've seen in 45 years of watching speedway.... absolutely shocking!...laden with mistakes, called so many races wrong... both teams on the end of some bizarre decisions, spoilt what should've been a good meeting.

As above, some good racing and close finishes, thoroughly enjoyed it.  With rain threatening they quickly rattled through the heats, good call as we hit heavy drizzle 10 mins from the track....

First, congratulations on a fine team performance from the Rebels,rode very inteligent lines to either keep in front or make the passes,a fine performance and never looked like loosing the meeting from heat 2 onwards

Auty again a class act for Scumthorpe,the rest were simply not good or smart enough--simple as that

on the ref,never have i seen a more shocking performace in speedway,some absolute howlers all night,i can understand the odd mistake by a ref,that happen,s but to make shocking decisions all night ,that i can`t accept

more concerning from a club point of view was folk leaving early,never a good sign

• Like 1

1 hour ago, montie said:

First, congratulations on a fine team performance from the Rebels,rode very inteligent lines to either keep in front or make the passes,a fine performance and never looked like loosing the meeting from heat 2 onwards

Auty again a class act for Scumthorpe,the rest were simply not good or smart enough--simple as that

on the ref,never have i seen a more shocking performace in speedway,some absolute howlers all night,i can understand the odd mistake by a ref,that happen,s but to make shocking decisions all night ,that i can`t accept

more concerning from a club point of view was folk leaving early,never a good sign

I think that the "ref" had left both his white stick and dog in his car in the car park, I hope that Rob  puts in a very heavily worded report on all his shocking decisions and that the ref gets a quick appointment at his local spec-savers!!!

1 hour ago, montie said:

How did Rowe go Montie ? did he just gate ? got an interest as i would love him to make the grade and be a future Robin in the future.He has a hell of a long way to go i just hope Somerset sticks with him not convinced May will though Rowe and Atkins can improve.

I wasn't able to be at the meeting tonight. But must say this to my favourite rider " Josh going by your score you were the master of that track tonight against good opposition. A Huge well done!  Scunny to the core !( says me ) lol. 

Like others on here I'd first like to say well done Somerset we were beaten by the better team on the night  despite some in the crowd moaning about the state of the track which was the same for both teams and the rebels rode it better ,end of

However the referee was diabolical and should not be allowed anywhere near a speedway track again. As a long time speedway fan I accept that you win some you lose some where refs decisions go. But last night was just mistake after mistake with BOTH SIDES losing points to decisions that where clearly wrong 

Leaving aside the mistakes in the finishing order of certain races after all in a tight race both sets of fans and riders are going to see the result differently it was the simple things Mr Greame Hunter kept getting wrong 

Leaving the 2min lights on for an entire race is bad enough especially when track staff starting marshals ,the crowd and riders are trying to draw your attention only turning them off after a comment over the p.a at the end of the race but to do the same thing again in the next race and the subsequent rerun (the riders had completed 2 laps before the lights went out) is just poor 

This poor standard when on throughout the meeting at one point with 11 seconds left on the 2 minute timer (which was correct having started as the 2 minute lights came on) it was announced there was actually 60 seconds left lucky this mix up didn't result in an exclusion but could have 

By the end of the night the general feeling was while there had been some good racing the whole evening had been spoiled by some very poor decisions 

• Like 1

Godfrey actions spoilt it for me... constantly badgering a ref doesn't help, holds up the meeting and generally makes him look like an idiot 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, phillipsr said:

Godfrey actions spoilt it for me... constantly badgering a ref doesn't help, holds up the meeting and generally makes him look like an idiot 

meeting still done in just over an hour and 10 though so not many hold ups.

22 hours ago, phillipsr said:

He is a complete idiot.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:30 AM, Sidney the robin said:

How did Rowe go Montie ? did he just gate ? got an interest as i would love him to make the grade and be a future Robin in the future.He has a hell of a long way to go i just hope Somerset sticks with him not convinced May will though Rowe and Atkins can improve.

he was very good,done alot of laps around scunny to be fair but made it count when he needed to,made some of the home riders look poor to to be honest

23 hours ago, phillipsr said:

it can`t have held it up that much,i was home with my feet up by 9pm

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, montie said:

he was very good,done alot of laps around scunny to be fair but made it count when he needed to,made some of the home riders look poor to to be honest

I actually thought he might of become a two pointer for you as you said  Montie he has done alot of laps around your place.

Edited by Sidney the robin