British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe v Somerset 17.5.19 League

19 minutes ago, montie said:

it can`t have held it up that much,i was home with my feet up by 9pm

Indeed.  Meeting finished at around 8.45pm!

Guest WTF1
On 5/18/2019 at 7:34 AM, montie said:

First, congratulations on a fine team performance from the Rebels,rode very inteligent lines to either keep in front or make the passes,a fine performance and never looked like loosing the meeting from heat 2 onwards

Auty again a class act for Scumthorpe,the rest were simply not good or smart enough--simple as that

on the ref,never have i seen a more shocking performace in speedway,some absolute howlers all night,i can understand the odd mistake by a ref,that happen,s but to make shocking decisions all night ,that i can`t accept

more concerning from a club point of view was folk leaving early,never a good sign

Unfortunately I thought it was one of the worst meetings I have seen at the EWR,  from the poor refereeing to Godfrey's ridiculous protests and mediocre racing,  I stuck it out to the end but was well ready to leave,  unfortunately I don't think I will be coming back. 

3 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

I actually thought he might of become a two pointer for you as you said  Montie he has done alot of laps around your place.

Probably snapped up by Somerset before us but just not announced.

He did what he had to do in beating opposition reserves. Won heat 2 but should have been all 4 back.  Heat 4 beat Lawlor  for 3rd. Heat 8 was in front of Lawlor in 3rd but gifted 2nd with Kurtz falling last bend. Heat 14 with Nielsen shedding a chain early on, he beat Kinsley for 2nd.

1 hour ago, eric i said:

Are the Scunthorpe riders requesting no grading? 

I think that was mentioned at an after show in the clubhouse very early in the season. With wind blowing in to the stands, I did feel a bit of dust in the breeze after only around heat 4 but did not get worse.

3 hours ago, Youhave2minutes said:

Unfortunately I thought it was one of the worst meetings I have seen at the EWR,  from the poor refereeing to Godfrey's ridiculous protests and mediocre racing,  I stuck it out to the end but was well ready to leave,  unfortunately I don't think I will be coming back. 

This has to be a wind up surely ????

Looking at some of his other posts he is defo a glass half empty guy.:D  Back to Scorpions v Rebels, think we shot ourselves in the foot with the track conditions. The track was under watered ( Rob needs to junk his weather forecaster and use local BBC one! )  well dusty after a couple of heats and had no outside dirt. Our riders were searching for the dirt against the fence ,when it was clear riders were actually going backwards on that line. Well done Somerset used their heads and got points when it mattered.

It is another poor feature of this season that the new crop of referees are blind, incompetent or just don't understand speedway racing!!!

• Like 1

After 1 poor meeting compared to the previous 4 entertaining ones. The ref is in his 1st year & if you saw something that you were aggrieved about, you would re-act. We had a couple of riders that did not score their usual standard & they had 3 riders that have done basically, nothing all season away, then come to our fair track & bang in 18 points between them. It was just one of those nights for us but to say you're thinking of not coming back, think back to what was on offer the 1st 4 meetings.

Edited by IronScorpion

Guest WTF1
1 hour ago, IronScorpion said:

After 1 poor meeting compared to the previous 4 entertaining ones. The ref is in his 1st year & if you saw something that you were aggrieved about, you would re-act. We had a couple of riders that did not score their usual standard & they had 3 riders that have done basically, nothing all season away, then come to our fair track & bang in 18 points between them. It was just one of those nights for us but to say you're thinking of not coming back, think back to what was on offer the 1st 4 meetings.

I know what you are saying,  but it's not just this last meeting,  after nearly 60 years watching speedway my love for the sport has unfortunately diminished .

2 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Looking at some of his other posts he is defo a glass half empty guy.:D  Back to Scorpions v Rebels, think we shot ourselves in the foot with the track conditions. The track was under watered ( Rob needs to junk his weather forecaster and use local BBC one! )  well dusty after a couple of heats and had no outside dirt. Our riders were searching for the dirt against the fence ,when it was clear riders were actually going backwards on that line. Well done Somerset used their heads and got points when it mattered.

It is another poor feature of this season that the new crop of referees are blind, incompetent or just don't understand speedway racing!!!

The racing was decent but the scunny riders need some dirt on the outside. Kinsley is capable of beating some quality riders like Scott Nicholls but on the track like that he was second best to the fairly weak Somerset reserves.

11 hours ago, eric i said:

The racing was decent but the scunny riders need some dirt on the outside. Kinsley is capable of beating some quality riders like Scott Nicholls but on the track like that he was second best to the fairly weak Somerset reserves.

you are 100% correct in what you say but the lad needs to  learn to adapt to track conditions,flailing around the outside on Friday was a waste of time,The lad  needs to learn to use other parts of a race trace and he will become a tidy rider in this league

on the whole hes had a decent start to the season though to be be fair,hes down what is expected