British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Skidder1

Ipswich v Poole; Supporters Cup; Thurs 16/05/19

Just seems you do tend to court Gavlar’s attention a lot of the time.  

Maybe it’s just me and nobody else has noticed.  If I’m wrong I sincerely apologise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Gavan said:

Lol blaming it on no Middlo.... getting tonked by the leagues so called cannon fodder....

You need to get rid of Worrall and Covatti 

The witches are on fire and you think Klindt would do better lol

Kurtz hates the place

Just admit for the second season running you have a poor side .... will you or more to the point can you afford to make changes 

Why did Poole let Harris go? 

Let's see what's happening come October, remember last season 

It is a great result for Ipswich last night, I have only been to two meetings so far both for entertainment value have been disappointing.

Last night I spent £38/39 plus food and to be honest I don't think the entertainment value was worth it, maybe a throw away £20 programme included.

If you were a new fan last night and you paid for more than one person you will probably think twice about going again, but some people think the money is value as long as their side win same as people love their team going away against a big team in football defending for 90 minutes and drawing 0-0 they see the result over what actually goes on, for me, result is secondary in a sense to seeing good speedway.

Perhaps it was the opposition, I've only been the last nights and the Kings Lynn bank holiday and I thought both were awful, maybe someone else can elaborate on all the thrilling passing I have missed in other meetings?

If anyone has any sense Monday if they pay for BT Sport then being their live is not value for money, although I guess you can never tell in advance if the meeting is going to be great value for money but on the overall so far for me, its not.

The sport needs something radical to happen I believe to add entertainment value maybe going away from the traditional 15 heats is something or it needs something else adding, all this twitter vote race has done for me is delayed the meeting longer than it needs to waiting for the poxy results to come in, the only thing I was fairly happy with was that I was in the car by 9.15pm

I like the meetings where its about 60 minutes long in duration. 

1 hour ago, semion said:

Just seems you do tend to court Gavlar’s attention a lot of the time.  

Maybe it’s just me and nobody else has noticed.  If I’m wrong I sincerely apologise.

He talks the most rubbish!! On repeat. 

Lisa if it’s rubbish, as you state, why do you bother replying?  It really does seem as though you have a hidden agenda. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

I can honestly say, having attended over a thousand meetings since 1984 I've never seen a speedway meeting of about 60 minutes in duration! Unless it was abandoned.

5 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

I can honestly say, having attended over a thousand meetings since 1984 I've never seen a speedway meeting of about 60 minutes in duration! Unless it was abandoned.

80 mins at a push i would think 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Reply to anyone who I disagree with. 

Lisa hope you're not being unfaithful to me 

I have to say if I went to a Speedway Meeting and got turfed out after 15 rushed Heats in 60 mins I would feel short changed and somewhat disrespected.

I think for a 15 Heat match with no major delays that 75-90 minutes is fine.

If there are a few re-runs and an injury up to 2 hours is understandable.

A lot depends on the weather of course but on a nice sunny evening up to 90-105 mins is perfect...

5 hours ago, 89buttons said:

2 of the 7 points he scored were gifted....you’ve got to be in it to win it! 

Beat both nicholls and holder fair and square - both vastly more experienced heat leaders on English soil!

im not trying to KP was brilliant last night by any means but he’s steadily scoring points and learning all the time on the English tracks - compare that to David who’s been riding here for years now and that’s why I’d argue his form is more of a worry!

Yeah most riders would have beaten Nicholls in his first heat looked like a wobbly junior.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

He talks the most rubbish!! On repeat. 

Do the same as me Lisa and block him. It’s far better on here not reading his spew. Same old guff over and over and over. Ad nausium.

You are wasting your time if you think you can have a constructive conversation with him. And you know the funny thing is? He will probably respond to this post saying I am the troll blah de blah de blah etc, and no one agrees with my opinion and I bring Poole a bad reputation etc etc etc. That’s his usual lines. And the best bit is won’t even read any of it. Happy days!B)

59 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Do the same as me Lisa and block him. It’s far better on here not reading his spew. Same old guff over and over and over. Ad nausium.

You are wasting your time if you think you can have a constructive conversation with him. And you know the funny thing is? He will probably respond to this post saying I am the troll blah de blah de blah etc, and no one agrees with my opinion and I bring Poole a bad reputation etc etc etc. That’s his usual lines. And the best bit is won’t even read any of it. Happy days!B)

Oops the big bad wolf has come out to play

Your talking about constructive criticism is laughable.....................ive said Worrall needs to go..........and instead of debating it im told i should tell him to his face....bit juvenile

Just for the record take a look over the thread....see what sort of comments people have said about Shovlar including Poole fans

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Lisa hope you're not being unfaithful to me 

:lol::lol:

Semion, look what you have started! 

2 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

It is a great result for Ipswich last night, I have only been to two meetings so far both for entertainment value have been disappointing.

Last night I spent £38/39 plus food and to be honest I don't think the entertainment value was worth it, maybe a throw away £20 programme included.

If you were a new fan last night and you paid for more than one person you will probably think twice about going again, but some people think the money is value as long as their side win same as people love their team going away against a big team in football defending for 90 minutes and drawing 0-0 they see the result over what actually goes on, for me, result is secondary in a sense to seeing good speedway.

Perhaps it was the opposition, I've only been the last nights and the Kings Lynn bank holiday and I thought both were awful, maybe someone else can elaborate on all the thrilling passing I have missed in other meetings?

If anyone has any sense Monday if they pay for BT Sport then being their live is not value for money, although I guess you can never tell in advance if the meeting is going to be great value for money but on the overall so far for me, its not.

The sport needs something radical to happen I believe to add entertainment value maybe going away from the traditional 15 heats is something or it needs something else adding, all this twitter vote race has done for me is delayed the meeting longer than it needs to waiting for the poxy results to come in, the only thing I was fairly happy with was that I was in the car by 9.15pm

I’ve seen a lot worse meetings at foxhall.  Kings lynn was close with limited passing.  Poole seems like there was more overtaking but was always a home win.  Maybe your expectations are too much.  What leisure activities do you see as good VFM and comparable to the thrill of speedway?  Just out of interest...

Edited by chun

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But can you see it if someone quotes it though?